Why become a member? ×

Ayup everyone

suzywong

[quote name='suzywong' post='991276' date='Oct 17 2010, 04:40 PM']In a fit of moneyless desperation, have decided to sell some basses! New to this game but you seem like a nice bunch. Thought I might have a wander round, pick up the lingo and see how things are done. Plus chat to like minded folk![/quote]

sad to hear you had to sell some basses, which ones did you flog?
welcome to the forum! :)

Edited by cris the man

[quote name='mep' post='991572' date='Oct 17 2010, 08:36 PM']Hi & welcome to the forum.

Interesting name you have. Reminds me of a Hong Kong female cartoon character (who didn't play bass)?[/quote]

Umm, don't ask. Not oriental in any way but do play bass. Been playing for 30 odd years. After hearing Level 42 and RTF what's a guy to do?

[quote name='cris the man' post='991349' date='Oct 17 2010, 05:47 PM']sad to hear you had to sell some basses, which ones did you flog?
welcome to the forum! :)[/quote]
Not made up my mind yet, but thinking about selling my Sunburst Roscoe Beck 5 and a rather nice fretless Warwick. Always seems like a good idea until you get close to selling, then you get all misty eyed......

[quote name='suzywong' post='991592' date='Oct 17 2010, 08:54 PM']Umm, don't ask. Not oriental in any way but do play bass. Been playing for 30 odd years. After hearing Level 42 and [b]RTF[/b] what's a guy to do?[/quote]

Return to Forever? You have good taste if that's what it is

Of course it could be Rolf's Terrible Flatulance :)

[quote name='Delberthot' post='991754' date='Oct 17 2010, 10:49 PM']Return to Forever? You have good taste if that's what it is

Of course it could be Rolf's Terrible Flatulance :)[/quote]

Nice. In today's tribute band obsessed world that could be a winner!
Always been a guitarist so Al de Meola was an early influence. But what about that bass playing I thought.... If you get in to RTF then trace its members thru, you are gonna be listening to some serious stuff! In a strange way same goes for Jonni Mitchell.

[quote name='suzywong' post='991592' date='Oct 17 2010, 08:54 PM']Umm, don't ask. Not oriental in any way but do play bass. Been playing for 30 odd years. After hearing Level 42 and RTF what's a guy to do?[/quote]

Suzy Wong was also, I seem to remember, the name of a Girlie bar in the Wan Chai district of Hong Kong. I'll leave it there, I'm not asking only speculating!