Why become a member? ×

Where to go for Gallien Krueger in the UK?

Tradfusion

Some of the newer GK heads like the MB 200 Ultra Light and the MB Fusion 500 etc are getting good reviews across the pond so I'm wondering where the best deals are this side of the Atlantic. I'm stuck out on the west coast of Ireland and this country is notoriously poor for decent bass gear suppliers so I'm thinking UK being the closest port of call for me.... I like Mark at Bass Direct but he doesnt stock GK...

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='991053' date='Oct 17 2010, 01:01 PM']Thom is easy for you to get your hands on GK gear!

We all have to trawl the net for the best deals and cheapest delivery and what not!
Haha,
Thanks though Thom! I'm thinking if looking at Soundlive, closest to me like[/quote]

haha, you say that, but there's limited stock in the whole country. I've got to wait for my 2nd 410RBH to be shipped over even with the endorsement. :)

I did spend a lot of time looking about though when I bought my 700 stack (which is for sale in the for sale section, /shameless promotion). I ended up buying the head and one cab from GAK (who gave me horrible service and I'd never use again) then got the 2nd cab from Thomann.

I spoke to Polar Audio (GK disti over here) about availability last week, they said to contact them direct and they'd order the amp from GK, it'd take 6-8 weeks to arrive... Needless to say you won't get any decent shop deal from them but it may be the only way at the mo :)

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='991394' date='Oct 17 2010, 06:19 PM']haha, you say that, but there's limited stock in the whole country. I've got to wait for my 2nd 410RBH to be shipped over even with the endorsement. :)

I did spend a lot of time looking about though when I bought my 700 stack (which is for sale in the for sale section, /shameless promotion). I ended up buying the head and one cab from GAK (who gave me horrible service and I'd never use again) then got the 2nd cab from Thomann.[/quote]

Haha! No offence meant btw Thom in case you took any =S

Are GK amps really Single Voltage??

Might tilt me in my Hartke or GK rig dilemma haha, anyone shed any light on this?

[quote name='Tradfusion' post='991388' date='Oct 17 2010, 06:15 PM']Yeah trawling the net is grand but GK amps are single voltage, otherwise I would have bought one out of the States already...but 110v there 220 here...[/quote]

not true of the digital stuff - you just need to open it up and adjust one of the parts inside - can't remember which one but someone on here posted that they'd done it a year or so ago

The solid state RB and backline stuff is single voltage AFAIK

[quote name='Delberthot' post='991820' date='Oct 17 2010, 11:49 PM']not true of the digital stuff - you just need to open it up and adjust one of the parts inside - can't remember which one but someone on here posted that they'd done it a year or so ago

The solid state RB and backline stuff is single voltage AFAIK[/quote]

Yeah but in the small print opening it up and fiddling with it will void your warrenty!! :) I prefer the dual voltage switch that alot of recent amp designs have... I'll just wait it out until they start stocking them in 220v this side of the pond...

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='990983' date='Oct 17 2010, 11:33 AM']afaik there's about 5 dealers in the UK.

Soundslive in Newcastle.
Electro Music in Doncaster
GAK in Brighton
and a couple of smallish shops in Wales.

There might be more but they're the ones I know of. :)[/quote]

The shops in Wales may be listed as GK dealers but they either have no stock or only limited stock. I live in Wales but buy direct from Polar audio the importers.

[quote name='gelfin' post='995346' date='Oct 20 2010, 09:39 PM']The shops in Wales may be listed as GK dealers but they either have no stock or only limited stock. I live in Wales but buy direct from Polar audio the importers.[/quote]

That's probably the case (seems to be even with the bigger dealers in the UK), but I'm just going off what someone at Polar told me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='GRAHAM SG1' post='1009114' date='Nov 1 2010, 10:53 PM']Has anyone managed to get a GK MBE 210 extension cabinet yet ?[/quote]
I was looking into these myself, but availability is an issue.

Soundslive never replied to my emails but Thomman have them down as in stock 26 Nov

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/gallien_krueger_210mbe.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/gallien_krueger_210mbe.htm[/url]