Why become a member? ×

Band Problems

charic

See what happens when you go and play all that fancy stuff? :) Although a drummer making that judgement call must be somewhat galling? :-)

[quote name='charic' post='992361' date='Oct 18 2010, 04:06 PM']Turns out the drummer didn't like my basslines and instead of discussing it with the band decided to advertise for a bassist...

Still going along tonight to discuss face to face (last practice I was experimenting and trying to write basslines aswell as being short of a guitarist) and hopefully re-install his faith in me.

Fingers X'd...

It has [u]NOT[/u] been a good day![/quote]

This is bordering on Ritchie Blackmore sending Rod Evans and Nick Simper round the pub for fags and them being told by the landlord he'd heard they were leaving Deep Purple.

I'd fix an audition under a different name and embarrass them when you turn up.

[quote name='charic' post='992361' date='Oct 18 2010, 04:06 PM']Turns out the drummer didn't like my basslines and instead of discussing it with the band decided to advertise for a bassist...

Still going along tonight to discuss face to face (last practice I was experimenting and trying to write basslines aswell as being short of a guitarist) and hopefully re-install his faith in me.

Fingers X'd...

It has [u]NOT[/u] been a good day![/quote]

Good luck tonight - might be an idea to give the drummer a chance to explain why he did it . If he doesnt then he's probably not worth bothering with

Well, almost... that would lessen the bond for me. If they had anything to say, they should have said it.
It is not like not liking something should be a major issue, yet the drummer decided to do that and probably make it one..??

I'd be pretty wary from now on and keep on top of it. The alternative is to be as committed to them as they are to you..apparently.

just my 2p...

[quote name='charic' post='992863' date='Oct 18 2010, 10:17 PM']Cool, got an apology, feedback on the [b]baseline[/b] (nearly all good now they're written) and it was the best practice to date.

Phew![/quote]

AARRRRGGHHHH BASSLINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS good news about the band sounds like the drummer just overreacted

[quote name='JTUK' post='992894' date='Oct 18 2010, 10:48 PM']Well, almost... that would lessen the bond for me. If they had anything to say, they should have said it.
It is not like not liking something should be a major issue, yet the drummer decided to do that and probably make it one..??

I'd be pretty wary from now on and keep on top of it. The alternative is to be as committed to them as they are to you..apparently.

just my 2p...[/quote]

I'm wary, however I'm hoping it was a case of 'we had a bad practice and the drummer overreacted'. If the practice hadn't left me feeling so good about playing in general I would have genuinely left and said 'thanks but no thanks' at the end of the night.

A drummer? Being a twat? It just sounds so unlikely!

But seriously, I'd be pretty annoyed about this and if the bloke didn't offer a proper, decent apology then I'd find it hard to work with them. I'd also consider billing them for your time...seriously! A band is a business after all, as well as a hobby, whatever level you're at (and regardless of whether you actually make anything) and if they cut you out after putting work in but before getting the chance to get something back then you'd be justified in doing this.