Why become a member? ×

Warwick streamer lx or Spector euro lx?

sambassman

Very different tonally. For want of better ways of describing it, Warwicks tend to have a fat, earthy bottom end and smooth highs, where the Spectors tend to have a tight, focused low and and glassy highs. Spectors sound more "modern" I suppose.

Fit and finish wise, I can only comment on what I've owned, a Streamer Jazzman and currently a lower end Spector - the QC is better on the cheaper Spector than it was on the Warwick in terms of hardware and finish. The Warwick sounded better, though. Apples and oranges really and a lot of it comes down to personal preference, if I were buying a new bass and had to pick between them I'd probably go for the Euro over a Streamer LX - I tend to think the nicest streamers are the neck through Stage 1 and Stage 2 models.

Edited by Wil

I've never tried out a Spector so I can't compare but I can tell you that I've owned a Streamer LX for 13 years now and more recently a 5 string Streamer $$ and wouldn't dream of getting rid of them. The Warwick 'growl' is a sound like no other and The craftsmanship of Warwicks is incredible. Stunning looking basses.

I have owned a warwick LX and currently have a Warwick Streamer stage 2 and a Spector Euro 5 string.

They are all different in feel and sound and I agree with warwickhunt that a comparison is pointless.

However, for what it's worth.....

The LX is a really worthwhile a versitile bass with a great range of tones.

The stage 2 is pure craftsmanship, growly and deep and smooth but with bite if you want. My favourite Warwick.

The Spector is very well built and good value at any price. Mine now has a U Retro pre amp so it's tight and precise sounding. Hard to describe but when I play it I always say it's the best playing and sounding bass I own.

All only my opinions but I hope it helps.

Frank.