Why become a member? ×

Hi all

beyond

Just a quick introduction. I'm new to the bass guitar, but have already found it's the instrument for me after searching for over 30 years. I'm 59 and only just realised that I naturally hear bass when listening to music. I have already sent shivers down my spine playing along to some of my teenage idols, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Temptations etc. So it's never to late to start learning. I've got a few questions to ask but will do some searching of the forum before wasting anyone's time. Thanks for reading!

Regards
Beyond

Hi, I'm a year older than you and I have just started learning double bass, second lesson tomorrow - learning is a bit slower at our age but lots of practice still produces results.
You are never too old to get out and enjoy the buzz of playing - I was on stage at a summer ball [yes, I know its October!] last night playing BG with our band which has ages ranging from 18 to 60. Have a great time learning.