Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Bass D-600

franzbassist

I find it a bit annoying when a company keeps bring out new products, kinda says "that amp you bought from us 6 months back is no longer state of the art", like they didn't think through the previous version long enough? I find it especially annoying when the products are in the marketplace without being fully road tested, as seems to be getting more common (and was the case with my PJB combos that ended up back at the shop earlier this year: "yes, we're having a few problems with non-USA power supplies".

C

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='walbassist' post='972586' date='Sep 30 2010, 12:33 PM']Two very different opinons there guys! :)[/quote]

LOL, think I was being a tad reactionary! Think you get my drift though. I think there's's too much competition to get the smallest, most powerful, and best sounding amps/cabs, and I don't think it's unreasonable to say that, in their rush to beat the competition to the market place, a lot of manufacturers release products with glitches.

C

I quite fancied the PJB D400 when it was first muted (and demo'd on NAMM I believe). This never made it to the PJB website. This D600 looks tasty (with xlr input!), but will it ever get to production stage???

I ended up getting a 2 channel AI Clarus instead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='walbassist' post='1096676' date='Jan 20 2011, 07:12 PM']Yes indeed! I have wanted the D600 ever since I first saw the protoype, so this is one change that will happen![/quote]

looking forward to hearing the current rig in a few weeks

• 10 months later...

I've just got an email from the UK distributor informing me that this head is now officially on the market and the first shipment has just arrived.

So... has any one tried one yet?

If not then I'd be interested in your thoughts as soon as you have. I love my M300 head and briefcase - both are fantastic products for upright and electric alike (if not too clean for some people's liking). So, naturally a higher powered, lighter PJB head is pushing my intrigue button... :)