Why become a member? ×

Breaking news - Calling all Rush fans

squire5

[quote name='squire5' post='972067' date='Sep 29 2010, 08:28 PM'][url="http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20100929/ten-rush-to-be-honoured-as-living-legend-c60bd6d.html"]http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20100929/ten-ru...nd-c60bd6d.html[/url]

Hot off the press.Read awl abaht it![/quote]

Yes, but how about:

'A Farewell to the R'n'R HoF.'

Appalling.

[quote]The Canadian trio will jet to London to pick up the accolade at the event[/quote]

Schoolboy error - no they won't. Two of them will attend, while Peart stays home moping around and writing interminably dull, long-winded & self-important books about how much he hates this awful, awful job he has, and how much he prefers riding around on his motorbike.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='972268' date='Sep 30 2010, 12:49 AM']Schoolboy error - no they won't. Two of them will attend, while Peart stays home moping around and writing interminably dull, long-winded & self-important books about how much he hates this awful, awful job he has, and how much he prefers riding around on his motorbike.

Jon.[/quote]

Well he is Canadian.

You DO know his history don't you?

[quote name='TimR' post='972454' date='Sep 30 2010, 10:37 AM']Well he is Canadian.

You DO know his history don't you?[/quote]
Yes I do, and I have read several of his dismal books, and I'm well aware of the fact he doesn't write them for Rush fans, because he has an incredibly low opinion of the people who buy his records, attend his gigs, and, (like it or not, Neil) buy his awful books. Especially if they're European.

Shut up & play the drums, Purt, just shut up & play the drums. :)

J.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='973148' date='Sep 30 2010, 08:22 PM']They may even announce dates on the awards night.[/quote]
Be cool if they did but I doubt it - they have an album to finish.

I would far sooner wait a bit longer for them to tour supporting the new album than have them bring the current tour over here.

J.

Edited by Bassassin

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='973265' date='Sep 30 2010, 09:58 PM']Now you are talking my language ...[/quote]

I saw It Bites in Reading at Christmas. It was the same but smaller and there weren't any teenage sons.

There were some women there though.

I think.

Edited by TimR

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='973241' date='Sep 30 2010, 09:41 PM']If they do a European tour we could be in for a bit of a treat, new stuff, MP, B sides???? Not just the coast to coast US set.

I know what you are saying about Peart, although he did come across better than I expected on "beyond the lighted stage".[/quote]
Not seen it yet, but I would think he'd be on his best behaviour!

Hot Tub - not sure Geddy can do the vocals for a lot of the pre-Permanent Waves stuff justice any more. They've been playing 2112 dropped to D for years now - and it don't sound right! Their recent stuff's been quite hit-or-miss for a while but I am looking forwards to the new album, mostly because it seems it'll be a story-based concept affair. About bloody time! :)

J.