Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

LM3 or F500/F1

Phil-osopher10

[quote name='acidbass' post='972215' date='Sep 29 2010, 11:19 PM']What are your requirements for tone?[/quote]

Exactly! - The LM3 is a different beast to the F1 and F500 - and as Danny says, it's a case of what you are needing or wanting to hear that will help sway the arguement - or indeed (not that there is much between them lol) size and weight!

The LM3 is said to be thicker and warmer in tone Vs the F1/500. The F series is brighter with an upper mid accentuation (if thats the right word) and a tightness that makes it sound more 'forward'. The bottom on both is deep and enveloping. The F1 and F500 are not cold or sterile sounding. Nor are they 'digital' lol lol. The LM3 isn't woolly.

Ok. Confused? heh!

[quote name='dood' post='972246' date='Sep 30 2010, 12:00 AM']Exactly! - The LM3 is a different beast to the F1 and F500 - and as Danny says, it's a case of what you are needing or wanting to hear that will help sway the arguement - or indeed (not that there is much between them lol) size and weight!

The LM3 is said to be thicker and warmer in tone Vs the F1/500. The F series is brighter with an upper mid accentuation (if thats the right word) and a tightness that makes it sound more 'forward'. The bottom on both is deep and enveloping. The F1 and F500 are not cold or sterile sounding. Nor are they 'digital' lol lol. The LM3 isn't woolly.

Ok. Confused? heh![/quote]

Perfect description.

I tried both, and in the end sent the F500 back as for 'me' the LM3 wins for sheer simplicity and warmth.

Check out Kjung (TB) on youtube....

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/Kjungbass#p/u/7/-eUrmYZlSnY"]Kjungbass Channel[/url]

His vids are really useful IMO. There is very little if any diff in the sound of the LMII and LMII (apparently they didnt even tweak the limiter in the end)

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' post='972462' date='Sep 30 2010, 10:44 AM']Check out Kjung (TB) on youtube....

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/Kjungbass#p/u/7/-eUrmYZlSnY"]Kjungbass Channel[/url]

His vids are really useful IMO. There is very little if any diff in the sound of the LMII and LMII (apparently they didnt even tweak the limiter in the end)

[/quote]

Ahh yes! Considering i'd been chatting to Ken on a thread over on TalkBass AND had watched all his videos - i'm daft as a brush, because I didn't think for a minute to post a link! DOH! - It's my age.. the ole grey cells.. in my day.. etc etc etc

[quote name='dood' post='973108' date='Sep 30 2010, 07:48 PM']Ahh yes! Considering i'd been chatting to Ken on a thread over on TalkBass AND had watched all his videos - i'm daft as a brush, because I didn't think for a minute to post a link! DOH! - It's my age.. the ole grey cells.. in my day.. etc etc etc[/quote]

Excellent!

:)