Why become a member? ×

8 string ERB bass SOLD

DaveB

Ok bit of a biggun this. Purchased to see how i'd get on with 8 strings (got carried away looking at 6 strings) before spending mega money on one. The make is Galveston which I can't find a whole lot about. As you can see 8 separate, not paired strings. I've currently got it tuned EBEADGBE (so I didn't get confused with guitar). It's active and passive using the pull pot volume control. Sound wise for a budget 8 string it's pretty good. It could do with a new set of strings though. To the purchaser I would recommend tuning thickest string to F# as at the moment the low string is so low there is hardly any tonal difference between the first 3 notes. Although it's big it will just about fit in a loose fitting gig back. Down points are the mark near the jack socket and the gold is wearing off the tuning pegs. Also I took the truss rod cover off a few months back and can't now find it
Reason for sale is that it just doesn't get played (as you can see with the layer of dust). I find that with my back trouble(twisted spine) it is way too heavy for me. Just ask if you want more pics or info.

PRICE DROP £160, rock bottom price no offers and no postage.
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Not really sure how this happend.

Edited by DaveB

• 3 months later...

[quote name='DaveB' post='984651' date='Oct 11 2010, 04:43 PM']As well as being a bump here a quick question for anyone reading this. Havn't had any interest so far, is it because of what it is or the price?[/quote]

When I saw it was £220 I was immediately tempted, even though I have no actual need for it. Though, when re-reading the thread, given that it seems to be a no-brand (? - you don't say which brand it is), the thing that stands out to me is that you don't say how well it plays.

If you were local, I'd probably ask to come over and have a go on it. And if I decided that I dug it, the price would not be a problem.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='1095467' date='Jan 19 2011, 10:37 AM']When I saw it was £220 I was immediately tempted, even though I have no actual need for it. Though, when re-reading the thread, given that it seems to be a no-brand (? - you don't say which brand it is), the thing that stands out to me is that you don't say how well it plays.

If you were local, I'd probably ask to come over and have a go on it. And if I decided that I dug it, the price would not be a problem.[/quote]

Well if you re-read it, I'm guessing your missed the first line twice..(?)
Its a Galveston, this bass was worth around 300-350£ new (though I dont know how much was payed for this one).
Ive only heard good things about these, but I think they stopped making them because I cant find many for sale..

Hi sorry about the wait getting back to all you guys. Cris thanks for the offer of a trade but i'm not really after anything other than to prune my bass collection back abit. The question about how well it plays, string height is fine the string spacing is quite small though. The reason I can't get on with it is because the sheer amount of notes is too mind boggling and it's abit on the heavy side with my increasing back problems, although I have played a 45 min set with it before.

I live in Tring in Hertfordshire, If anyone would like a play with no pressure to buy then you are more than welcome.

[quote name='DaveB' post='1097402' date='Jan 21 2011, 12:51 PM']Hi sorry about the wait getting back to all you guys. Cris thanks for the offer of a trade but i'm not really after anything other than to prune my bass collection back abit. The question about how well it plays, string height is fine the string spacing is quite small though. The reason I can't get on with it is because the sheer amount of notes is too mind boggling and it's abit on the heavy side with my increasing back problems, although I have played a 45 min set with it before.

I live in Tring in Hertfordshire, If anyone would like a play with no pressure to buy then you are more than welcome.[/quote]

Whats the string spacing?

I'm sooooo tempted but i will be killed by my family for having no money :)

haha

Bump on me :)

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1098630' date='Jan 22 2011, 01:23 PM']Whats the string spacing?

I'm sooooo tempted but i will be killed by my family for having no money :)

haha

Bump on me :)[/quote]

LMAO, well cheers for the bump if anything. I've included two pictures with a tape measure so you can see the actual spacing, one is at the 1st fret one at the 12th. The spacing is quite tight, I'm rubbish at slap and it was even harder due to the small string spacing.
I suppose though it has to be tight else, with 8 strings, the fret board would be about 2ft wide lol.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1107205' date='Jan 29 2011, 01:59 PM']If this goes even stupidly lower i'll buy it just so i can convince my guitard brother its an ironing board :) (He never does any house work...)

Bumpo on me![/quote]

LMAO that has to be quote of the day. I can't really justify letting it go for any less though, would be an awesome ironing board though :)

[quote name='DaveB' post='1107251' date='Jan 29 2011, 02:51 PM']LMAO that has to be quote of the day. I can't really justify letting it go for any less though, would be an awesome ironing board though :)[/quote]

Haha! :)

Well if this does go any lower i'll be after ya!

Pffft! MY ironing board has 23 strings and 17 Badass 3s :lol:

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1109726' date='Jan 31 2011, 05:14 PM']It was great to meet you today.

Sorry I didn't buy it but I don't think I could have done it justice!

To everyone else, it is a fantastic bass and is a real bargin :)[/quote]
It's an incredible bargain! Can't believe it didn't go for 220.