Why become a member? ×

High End Amplification

Phil-osopher10

I'm currently on the lookout for some good bass amplifiers like eden, markbass etc. What is the best sort and what do you recommend?

The problem: I live in a country where there is next to no high end bass amps. For instance the best a shop offers within a 50 mile radius is Hiwatt.

I play in a medium to large church and i think 500W would be good enough. I'm also moving into the realm of recording professionally and need a set up that will be good enough to kill two birds with one stone!

Any help would be appreciated!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='969434' date='Sep 27 2010, 01:27 PM']Bass Direct will ship to Ireland and his prices are very reasonable.

Mark stocks a huge amount of high end equipment and is very helpful when it comes to finding the right thing for your requirements. Check them out… [url="http://www.bassdirect.co.uk"]http://www.bassdirect.co.uk[/url][/quote]

+1 on that, Mark's got a second hand LMII on there which would be worth a look.

[quote name='alexharvay' post='969446' date='Sep 27 2010, 01:38 PM']+1 on that, Mark's got a second hand LMII on there which would be worth a look.[/quote]

+1 also. Good service to Ireland from Mark.

But don't neglect the kit to be found on here :)

Have you got cabinets already? You might need to think about those.

You have my sympathy, like me living in the desert (gearwise) :lol:

Edited by fatback

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' post='969919' date='Sep 27 2010, 07:35 PM']Well if i were to say i'd like to obtain the tone of ex incubus player dirk lance would that be good enough? and i'm only 22 so weight doesn't matter just yet![/quote]

He used Eden heads & Warwick cabs… And had a defined Warwick thump (He used a Streamer Stage I 5 string if I recall) from his bass. The CD tone though is a good mix and lots of EQ. Live I'd say you can get that tone with many an amp & Bass if you spend the time to investigate the tone.

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' post='969429' date='Sep 27 2010, 01:25 PM']I'm currently on the lookout for some good bass amplifiers like eden, markbass etc. What is the best sort and what do you recommend?

The problem: I live in a country where there is next to no high end bass amps. For instance the best a shop offers within a 50 mile radius is Hiwatt.

I play in a medium to large church and i think 500W would be good enough. I'm also moving into the realm of recording professionally and need a set up that will be good enough to kill two birds with one stone!

Any help would be appreciated![/quote]

whats wrong with hiwatt? Thought they'd nail the church tone kinda vibe