Why become a member? ×

Greetings

scoobystig

hello there

just a quick hello and a bit of history on me

been playing bass in Semi pro bands from 95-03 , but have had a break for the last 7 (couple of studio sessions maybe)

any hows the band has reformed now and were off, started as a bit of a piss take, some one in a pub saying "i bet you lot cant remember any of your songs", but now 3 months down the line we have a 2 1/2 hour set and 2 comeback gigs scheduled for november

sold my rig in 03 but kept the basses though, couldn't part with em so i have a Fender Precision Lyte Active, and a home built active based on a Tanglewood pattern, both 4 stringers

also use a Bass pod Pro and 2x Audio Technica Wireless Packs

looking to get a new rig soon but at the mo making do with my old mans Firebass 700 and 1x15 black widow (are they really that heavy !!!lol)

looking for suggestions on rig

ideally like 1x15, 2x10 and then rack mount head, budget wise undecided at moment as dont know how we will survive the 2 comeback gigs nd how much workload the band will want, trouble is we got married and had kids in the break, so touring in a transit is out !! lol

any way catch you later, and any bands around the Swindon area looking for a support act shoot us a PM

we are a Rock band playing Originals and covers (about 60-65% originals at the moment) influences are of the Bonjovi, GnR, ACDC, Maiden, Springsteen feel

cheers

Welcome aboard.

Get yourself across to the Amps section & you'll find lots of advice to suit your budget.
If you're looking for lightweight & quality then there's plenty to be had from the likes of MarkBass, Genz Benz, TC Electronic & many others. Have fun! :)