Why become a member? ×

The rig of reasonableness!

parker_muse

My cheaptastic rig!

Vintage Stingray Copy: 180
CMI Rickenfaker: 130 (cash converters i love you)
Superfly 500: 175 (last one for sale in the country)
Alien Audio 1x15 4 ohm: 80 (Home build off here by someone... it's darn tooting good for £80)
Peavey 2x10 4 ohm: 100 (someone changed the speakers to make it 4 ohms.

500 watts of reasonableness for nominal sums of money!

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='955097' date='Sep 13 2010, 05:45 PM']Scour eBay and gumtree for a used Peavey. That'll probably do you nicely.

S.P.[/quote]

eBay is fine yeah but the trouble is that I don't want anything ridiculously heavy since I already shelled out a load of money on a MARKBASS speaker cabinet so there would be no point throwing away that advantage with a really heavy head!

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='955138' date='Sep 13 2010, 06:08 PM']eBay is fine yeah but the trouble is that I don't want anything ridiculously heavy since I already shelled out a load of money on a MARKBASS speaker cabinet so there would be no point throwing away that advantage with a really heavy head![/quote]

Save up for a used MB head to match?

[quote name='parker_muse' post='955371' date='Sep 13 2010, 08:56 PM']It's the first time i've heard anything that it could be. I've tried to find it on the net with no result.[/quote]

Post a shot of it's rear end and I'll tell you.

From memory there should be a jack input and a volume control. The range probably didn't last long and I bough mine new around 1993.

It's was used with the old TNT50 that had a crossover control and 2 outputs for high & low. The low went back into into the combo cab via the power amp in and the high went into the top cab.

I've had a quick look and can't find any images. Unfortunately I don't have a photos of me with my rig from those days, only fond memories.

[quote name='Protium' post='955376' date='Sep 13 2010, 08:59 PM']Save up for a used MB head to match?[/quote]

That would be the ideal thing. Unfortunately I might be joining a band sooner rather than later so unless I suddenly gain a windfall of £572 (or more!) then I won't be able to afford one in time.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='parker_muse' post='955445' date='Sep 13 2010, 09:47 PM']Here is a picture. It has alpha eminence speakers rated at 8 ohms each - they're non-original i believe. I'm not sure the input jack is in the original place either.[/quote]

If it is what I thought it was then there isn't much left. The originial bi-amp top box was enclosed & had a 150w amp in it to drive the speakers. Could be a custom job on the original to make it an extension cab instead of the original powered cab.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mep' post='955417' date='Sep 13 2010, 09:27 PM']Post a shot of it's rear end and I'll tell you.

From memory there should be a jack input and a volume control. The range probably didn't last long and I bough mine new around 1993.

It's was used with the old TNT50 that had a crossover control and 2 outputs for high & low. The low went back into into the combo cab via the power amp in and the high went into the top cab.

I've had a quick look and can't find any images. Unfortunately I don't have a photos of me with my rig from those days, only fond memories.[/quote]

Sounds just like my rig.

Cheers, Mick. :)

Awesome! I own that 2x10 now and it's had me baffled! That's exactly what it is, it's had the amp removed and a jack socket fitted. I figured it might come in handy to leave in a rehearsal room or similar. It would benefit from a tweeter but I'd have no idea how to do it! It would also benefit from a board to cover the back, but it's kinda fun. :) looks solo sweet on its end with my shuttle 9.0 on top.