Why become a member? ×

what envelope filter? qtron?

fretmeister

Agreed although over on TB I told him not to call it Proton as that is the same name as a very dodgy make of car over here!! I would have gone for ProTron instead as it sounded a bit more Mu-Tron ish.

Guess I just have to decide what to complete my vast filter collection with now, Soundblox BEF, 3 Leaf GR2 or 3 Leaf Proton? That is the only real downside with the vintage Mu-Tron that it takes up so much space on board and is bloody heavy too.

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='1081665' date='Jan 7 2011, 11:45 PM']Looks like GR1/2 and Proton will be a good match, two different animals, simplicity of the Mutron vs a cooled down Meatball! good vibes on these cos the guy listens to what people want!

T[/quote]

My filters don't live on my gig board, they are with a few other pedals that are for home use only. They all go back to a sansamp DI which has two outputs, one into the digi 002 and the other into a Pod XT which goes into another input of the digi 002.
Will be checking out the proton when it is available!

Tony

[quote name='itswac' post='1080279' date='Jan 6 2011, 07:08 PM']Gentelmen,

After a great deal of pushing on our part we've finally gotten the Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter listed on Thomann. Sorry that there was such a delay on this! Sadly, we actually lost a few European customers because of this...

The link is: [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/source_audio_soundblox_bass_envelope.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/source_audio_soun...ss_envelope.htm[/url]

If you have any questions about the BEF, send them my way!

Cheers,

Will[/quote]

Any idea when the PRO version will come out?
Would really like the ability to store a couple of different sounds on this.

Hi,

I'm an EHX Micro Q-Tron owner. I think it's a pretty nice pedal, but it's far from being the ultimate solution in the envelope filter universe. :)

I was looking for a good volume pedal and I was about to buy a Boss FV500H, but I thought "what about selling the Q-Tron and buying the EBS Wah One?" The EBS Wah One works both as a volume pedal and as an envelope filter.

What would you choose? A standard Boss vol pedal or EBS Wah One (selling the Q-Tron)? :)

I use an EHX micro Q-tron. The volume boost annoyed me, so I put it in a loop with a Boss LS2 pedal, which allows me to adjust the volume. Much better. In addition, it allows you to blend dry/effect, and totally revitalised the micro Q-tron for me.

If you are looking for a good filter sound I would certainly not be looking at an EBS Wah One!!!

[quote name='Izze' post='1089734' date='Jan 14 2011, 07:33 PM']Hi,

I'm an EHX Micro Q-Tron owner. I think it's a pretty nice pedal, but it's far from being the ultimate solution in the envelope filter universe. :)

I was looking for a good volume pedal and I was about to buy a Boss FV500H, but I thought "what about selling the Q-Tron and buying the EBS Wah One?" The EBS Wah One works both as a volume pedal and as an envelope filter.

What would you choose? A standard Boss vol pedal or EBS Wah One (selling the Q-Tron)? :)[/quote]

just received the source audio bass envelope filter today.

i've been told to turn it off now, after 4 hours or so.. :)

this thing is a monster of a filter (or lots of different filters). stick an octave and fuzz in front of it and it's f***ing bootyfull.

it retains bass, unlike other filters i've tried, and even enhances it in some settings, so beware.

a compressor at the end might be an idea if you venture into its' lower territories.

i recommend thoroughly. the programmable version will be most welcome.

thanks wil (itswac) and team SA. :)

edit: ooh, it'll do dubstep-like noises in the down position with a good octave pedal

Edited by phil.i.stein

• 4 months later...

Love your enthusiasm, Phil!!

I've started to track this thread and the others mentioning the BEF Pro, so that I can make sure I get everyone's questions answered.

It really is a beast of a pedal...the production of the demo video has taken a great deal of effort in order to cover all the sounds!