Why become a member? ×

Now selling as parts - lovely fenderish Jazz

King Tut

OK - bit of an odd one here, don't think I'll get what I paid for the bits so if I can't get a reasonable price then she'll have to remain a keeper.

The body: Bought from here - MIJ ash body from here - like this one . . . [url="http://kenji-cij.blogspot.com/2009/04/jb-62-wal-jazz-bass.html"]http://kenji-cij.blogspot.com/2009/04/jb-6...-jazz-bass.html[/url]

The Neck: Bought from here - Allparts (Licensed by Fender) rosewood block and bound with Fender branded tuners. Bone nut. Fender Decal, but the 'offset contour body' piece of the decal is in slightly the wrong place. Some nice grain going on on this.

Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickups.

Badass II Bridge

CTS pots.

Warwick straplocks

There are one or two tiny marks on the back of the bass- too difficult to photograph. What look like scratches on the body are reflections.

Here's the pictures:

This is a great player with a very 'up front' aggressive sound - also a fantastic looker. I won't be sad if she doesn't sell - I'll probably get the decal redone and sell one of the other basses in my arsenal!

[b]OK - had a rethink on this and I'm gonna split her. Lots of interest in the individual bits - so - Neck - Sold - body - £200 plus post, Pickups £55 posted, Bridge - sold ![/b]

Edited by King Tut

[quote name='gafbass02' post='953591' date='Sep 12 2010, 03:08 PM']I was devastated to sell that, sadly I'm in no position to buy it back. But it looks nice, I never even opened the box![/quote]

Yeah it's got some nice grain going on - pics don't really do it justice! The neck's nice as well. It's as good as any genuine Fenders out there - it's a shame peeps are put off cos it's a bitsa - but that's the way of the world. Ironically I's probably do better splitting it - don't want to do that though!

Let me know a price on the neck if you do. If my finances are good I'd be very interested. [quote name='King Tut' post='953625' date='Sep 12 2010, 03:35 PM']Yeah it's got some nice grain going on - pics don't really do it justice! The neck's nice as well. It's as good as any genuine Fenders out there - it's a shame peeps are put off cos it's a bitsa - but that's the way of the world. Ironically I's probably do better splitting it - don't want to do that though![/quote]

OK guys - had a rethink, and to be honest, there are some nice US standard jazzes on here for just £50 more so I don't think this is gonna sell. I don't really want to split her so I'm gonna use and abuse her and maybe sell one of my others.

OK guys - had a rethink, and to be honest, there are some nice US standard jazzes on here for just £50 more so I don't think this is gonna sell. I don't really want to split her so I'm gonna use and abuse her and maybe sell one of my others.

• 6 months later...

Hey guys and gals - I've had lots of interest for the individual bits and pieces so will now split the body and bits and pieces. prices up later.

Jacques - these are available new from Warwick for just under 3 euros just for the pegs. I'll sell you the pegs and strap fittings for a tenner posted!