Why become a member? ×

Why this place is great

tredders

So, I bought OldSlappers Bassix EUB last week, and as agreed it was couriered up to me. It was delivered whilst I was at work, so I started it unpacking it as soon as I got in. It'd been really well packed in a Thomann EUB cardboard box, with double skinned cardboard inside, a ton of bubble wrap, further cardboard 'triangles' around the bass etc. Unfortunately, and despite all of the packaging, when I got the EUB out of the gigbag inside the box, there was a nasty crack running down the side of it - it'd obviously either been dropped or hoofed around enough during the journey to put a 10 inch crack down the side.

I got in touch with John (OldSlapper) and sent some photos of the damage. John telephoned me straight away, immediately refunded my money (even before speaking to the courier), apologised profusely, and even told me to keep the stand that was packed in with the bass for when I get a replacement. No fuss, no hassle, no argument, just a good guy whose main concern was making sure I got my money back and was happy.

John's now speaking to the courier regarding claiming on insurance, and fingers crossed a refund will be issued soon.

So, even though I didn't get the EUB I wanted out of the deal, the whole experience has just reinforced that the vast majority of people on here are good guys.

Tredders

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='950865' date='Sep 9 2010, 05:45 PM']I have to say, I just died a little inside... it's my old bass and I loved it. What a shame...

I hope the courier settles up soon![/quote]

Yeah, John and I have both been through the "died inside" phase, too.... it would have been absolutely perfect for me, and John was happy with the price he got for it.

Fingers crossed on the insurance claim front.

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='950882' date='Sep 9 2010, 06:08 PM']:) was the price to send it in the coffin to much??[/quote]

No Jase, it wasn't available. I never thought I'd sell the Bassix, so I gave it to someone to move house with.
But the packaging was the original double skinned box from my first EUB that came from Germany which was very substantial, plus lots of added material.......

I can't help but feel sick every time I think about this. Never thought I'd feel this way about an instrument.
:rolleyes:

[quote name='oldslapper' post='951043' date='Sep 9 2010, 08:27 PM']No Jase, it wasn't available. I never thought I'd sell the Bassix, so I gave it to someone to move house with.
But the packaging was the original double skinned box from my first EUB that came from Germany which was very substantial, plus lots of added material.......

I can't help but feel sick every time I think about this. Never thought I'd feel this way about an instrument.
:)[/quote]

That's really bad news :rolleyes: it was a fantastic bass and well played. Was a proper players bass!!

not surprised at all by John's goodwill in immediate refund - always been a good guy to deal with

sorry for the damage - I had a similar thing with sending a bass to Netherlands - the case was cracked in transit, but got refund for cost of the case within 28 days as stipulated on the courier's terms and conditions