Why become a member? ×

Neo 112 cabs

pandathe3

So my budget is around 300. The 2 cheapest I found at the same price are the GK and Warwick.

I'm etching towards the GK as I love the sound, but I like to get an overall opinion on the cabs.

Would it be worth getting a few more pennies and aiming higher? Hartke and TC? Or even a Phil jones 4x5 at the same price. I'm quite fond of the coil switching on the Hartke too.

The initial plan was to get the GK 112, then when I need the power buy another 112 for optop. However the 'new' MK:2 ver. 112 had it's dimensions changed to match the 210 specs. I'm thinking 1x12 with the 2x10 above it would be a beastly mini rig.

Thoughts?

Regards!

I had a GK212 and GK 112 Neo rig and didn't like it one bit. It sounded sweet soloed but it was hopeless IMHO in a live situation - it was very wooly and seemed to get woolier as the night went on.

Have you seen [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=99555"]this[/url]. I think that's where I would spend my £300.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='949056' date='Sep 8 2010, 07:07 AM']I had a GK212 and GK 112 Neo rig and didn't like it one bit. It sounded sweet soloed but it was hopeless IMHO in a live situation - it was very wooly and seemed to get woolier as the night went on.

Have you seen [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=99555"]this[/url]. I think that's where I would spend my £300.[/quote]

I'd go with this. Don't rate GK cabs at all...or their amps for that matter... so would go for the Eden 212 on here or that EBS..if you plan to go modular at a later date.

For a decent powered gig, you a re goingt to need 2 12" cabs, IMV..so if you ended up with 2 12" Neos, then fine.

I am not sure whether EBS and SWR got it right when they introduced Neo's or a budget line..but their top end cabs used to be good.

In the real world where number and facts actually make a difference, you would be so much better off with either a Barefaced midget or a Barefaced compact, both are extremely loud, and that's an understatement. I would save up the extra £150 or so to get one of those.

I know it sounds like hype but in honesty compared to everything else I've tried at high volume it's the loudest lightest smallest best sounding cab ever, and I mean literally, not literally as in figuratively; I mean literally literally.

Im truely blown away everytime I use my midget and having a compact I had to actually down size!!!!

With the right powered and and eq a midget can be all you need, I may need another if my guitarists ever decde to start using 100w stacks.