Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX JM2 6 string SOLD

funkypenguin

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='948718' date='Sep 7 2010, 07:57 PM']For sale is my Yamaha RBX JM2 in Plum Pearl Metallic

Its for sale because it isnt getting the use it deserves and i have a bass to pay for (including a train ticket to cardiff!) so its time to move it on. I bought it brand new 2 years back and its gotten sporadic use since. Currently set up with medium low action and as result is really easy to navigate around, despite the 6 strings. I'm more than happy for people to come and try it out for themselves!

It has a few sctraches/scrapes as a result of being gigged heavily 6 months or so back (it was my main gig bass for a while). One scrape is next to the stacked treble/bass control, one is on the upper curve of the body, a small nick on the headstock and a small dent on the back of the body. Said damage is only cosmetic and doesnt affect the basses playability in any way. detailed pictures will be uploaded shortly

Specs are as follows:

6 string tuned B-C (currently strung with Warwick Black label strings 130-20)
Body: Alder
Neck: Maple
Finish: Plum Pearl Metallic
Preamp: Yamaha
Controls: Master Volume, Mid, Stacked treble/bass
Pickup: Seymour Duncan SMB6A
String spacing: 17mm
Scale Length: 34"

I'm after £400 for it. cash only please, no trades. Collection is preferred but i will ship to UK buyers Also, i'm located in yorkshire (Bradford) but am willing to travel (within reason, i.e. manchester/liverpool). I can also arrange delivery in Manchester (where i go to uni, I'll be back over there next week mon-thurs and then the week after for semester) or in Stockport, where my Father works

Cheers!

[attachment=58331:RBX_JM2.jpg]

[attachment=58411:DSCF0484.JPG]

[attachment=58412:DSCF0486.JPG]

[attachment=58413:DSCF0487.JPG]

[attachment=58414:DSCF0488.JPG][/quote]
I can't beleive this is still here, But everyone seems to be financially cripled at the moment, I had one of these and selling it is my biggest regret (bass wise anyway)
If it's still here in a few weeks I will be having it.
Not much help to you but a bump is a bump.

[quote name='fluffo' post='952064' date='Sep 10 2010, 05:42 PM']I can't beleive this is still here, But everyone seems to be financially cripled at the moment, I had one of these and selling it is my biggest regret (bass wise anyway)
If it's still here in a few weeks I will be having it.
Not much help to you but a bump is a bump.[/quote]

[quote name='mattbass6' post='952596' date='Sep 11 2010, 11:36 AM']Bump for a great bass and a great bloke. I still can't believe this is here at this price. Good luck Ben :lol:[/quote]

Cheers guys :rolleyes: its one of the best 6 strings, both for sound and playability, ive ever come across. if it wasnt for a new bass incoming i wouldnt be selling. make me an offer someone :)