Why become a member? ×

NAILS

cris the man

once i start getting into a song i begin to make the basslines more complex
whether its slap bass or playing more notes , ill be doing it

however , after a few years , the effects have been becomming more noticable

i tend to break or even split nails... then its much more difficult to play comfortably because i get large pains in my fingers , is there any way out of this?

thanks

[quote name='cris the man' post='107516' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:36 AM']once i start getting into a song i begin to make the basslines more complex
whether its slap bass or playing more notes , ill be doing it

however , after a few years , the effects have been becomming more noticable

i tend to break or even split nails... then its much more difficult to play comfortably because i get large pains in my fingers , is there any way out of this?

thanks[/quote]

Check your diet:

[url="http://wi.essortment.com/fingernailsnutr_rjbo.htm"]http://wi.essortment.com/fingernailsnutr_rjbo.htm[/url]

Try a pick!

I must profess that I leave a bit of length to my nail as I sometimes like the tone I get from using the nail as a follow up to the flesh of my finger plucking the note... that sounds cr*p but I know what I mean. I don't actually pluck the string with my nail but but but... nah I can't describe it :)

+1 for check your diet, get plenty of dairy products, if I dont make an effort to do this my nails start to split a lot. When they do split I find a little dab of supper glue can stop it getting any worse and will see me through a gig (of course let it dry before you touch anything... including your bass).