Why become a member? ×

Where is Pete Way?

jezzaboy

I know that Pete has been reported as being out of UFO due to there being something wrong with his liver but that must be 2 year`s by now. As someone on here more than likely knows him, is the guy ok? Any sign of him returning to the band? The reason I`m asking is that they are on the High Voltage concert on Sky arts and they don`t the same without old Pete.

Jez

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='939055' date='Aug 28 2010, 09:55 PM']I know that Pete has been reported as being out of UFO due to there being something wrong with his liver but that must be 2 year`s by now. As someone on here more than likely knows him, is the guy ok? Any sign of him returning to the band? The reason I`m asking is that they are on the High Voltage concert on Sky arts and they don`t the same without old Pete.

Jez[/quote]

I'm meeting up for a beer tomorrow with a couple of guys that used to play in UFO (Clive Edwards & Lawrence Archer) who still keep in touch with Pete & Phil so I'll find out for you :)

[quote name='Hamster' post='939095' date='Aug 28 2010, 11:02 PM']I'm meeting up for a beer tomorrow with a couple of guys that used to play in UFO (Clive Edwards & Lawrence Archer) who still keep in touch with Pete & Phil so I'll find out for you :)[/quote]
Is that Laurence Archer, as in Wild Horses? I loved his band Stampede in the Eighties -- they were great but never seemed to get anywhere.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='misrule' post='939136' date='Aug 29 2010, 01:27 AM']Is that Laurence Archer, as in Wild Horses? I loved his band Stampede in the Eighties -- they were great but never seemed to get anywhere.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

Yes, he used to play with the great Mr Lynott :) Stampede has just reformed with Clive on drums and they've just finished recording their latest album. They're both also in a side project band called AWE, with Paul Williams on vocals - [url="http://paulwilliams-uk.com/index.html"]http://paulwilliams-uk.com/index.html[/url]

AWE are playing tonight in KT15 - drop me a PM if you want to know more

[quote name='misrule' post='939136' date='Aug 29 2010, 01:27 AM']Is that Laurence Archer, as in Wild Horses? I loved his band Stampede in the Eighties -- they were great but never seemed to get anywhere.[/quote]

Stampede... that's a blast from the past, think I still have a 12" single of theirs somewhere.

UFO played a local bike rally a couple years ago and by all accounts Pete was so out of it he had to be pointed in the direction of the stage and pushed... 'allegedly'! Wasn't in a great way but whether that was health or self inflicted I have no idea. He wasn't the greatest influence on me as a bassist but he did have that iconic pose with the T'bird that 'almost' had me buying a Gibson. :)

I used to play in a UFO tribute band, white thunderbird and all. Not long after I'd called it a day, Pete played with them during one of the gigs at the Limelight in Crewe. That was a couple of years ago, and by all accounts he was rather well oiled, but managed to rattle off a few of the UFO classics with the band before staggering away.

Not sure of his current situation, but I too hope all is well.

Petes wife died a few years ago & he basically just went into total destruct mode after that.
I'd heard that he was back on the smack in a big way & the rest of the band had just had enough. They were also going to be refused entry to the US for a tour a couple of years back because of Petes drug bust record & that was the last straw.