Why become a member? ×

A proper Hello!

Truckstop

Hello everybody,
It suddenly occurred to me that I never said an actual "hello" to the BCers here! I only signed up to try to shift my Yamaha when I had a bit of a poor patch, but luckily for me, no-one bought it! Anyway:

My real name's Alex, I'm 23 and I live in Shenley which is a small village near the city of St. Albans.
I work as a librarian at the University of Hertfordshire and I love it! I'm about to embark on an Environmental Management Bsc here and luckily for me, I get my fees waived!
Im also a trained chef so at the weekends I cook at a local pub which is also pretty cool. I get to create my own menu and it's just another avenue with which to provide myself with an outlet for my creativity.
Im well into my music. When I was at school, the louder the better! The bands that I have been in throughout my life reflect that philosophy but now i've decided to take a more mature direction with my music and have decided to start a piano, drum and bass trio with which we can all just jam and create some nice lounge-y, jazz-y, pop-y, elbow-y kind of music. Very friendly indeed! Need to enlist a singer though, but no rush!
I've not really had a chance to have a particularly exciting gear collection, but I'm well happy with the stuff I have. It's served me well over the years and I'm sure it will conitinue to do so. Now on the lookout for an upright and a hollow-body to supplement my new musical direction.

That's it I guess!

Truckstop.

• 4 weeks later...