Why become a member? ×

Anyone live near Wigan?

molan

I put a random bid in on Ebay thinking I'd never win but the market appears to be so dead that I managed to be successful and won a pair of, relatively small, Aguilar GS 12" cabs.

Listing says personal collection only & I could drive up to get them but it's about 3 hours each way so a bit of a trek.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone was close by and could both collect them & then package them up for me so i could pay for a courier then I'd be eternally grateful!

Obviously I'd cover all costs & will be up in Manchester for Bass Day later in the year so would definitely have my beer buying wallet with me :)

[quote name='molan' post='934288' date='Aug 23 2010, 10:57 PM']I put a random bid in on Ebay thinking I'd never win but the market appears to be so dead that I managed to be successful and won a pair of, relatively small, Aguilar GS 12" cabs.

Listing says personal collection only & I could drive up to get them but it's about 3 hours each way so a bit of a trek.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone was close by and could both collect them & then package them up for me so i could pay for a courier then I'd be eternally grateful!

Obviously I'd cover all costs & will be up in Manchester for Bass Day later in the year so would definitely have my beer buying wallet with me :)[/quote]

Wigan's a bit of a schlep BUT, does the guy come anywhere near the Manchester area? Maybe with work or has a neighbour who does.
Am sufferring with the "cold from hell" at the moment and confined to quarters, but maybe able to help later in the week if he comes anywhere near Manch, and you haven't got it sorted by then.

Did we ever come up with a Basschat Courier system? I've seen it suggested before.

I suppose it would mean that insurance/compensation became more complicated and we'd need written contracts between sellers, buyers and couriers but it wouldn't need any more than a signature and registration of courier details, and it could save hundreds in shipping fees.

It would also mean we all meet more of eachother, if only briefly, which can only be a good thing. And we could hand over guitars to other bassists for tranport rather than hung-over can't-be-arsed RM employees.

Edited by thisnameistaken

You see - this is why I love BC!

I buy something vaguely bulky that's a 6 hour return trip & in less than 24 hours I get people happily volunteering to collect it for me & package it up to ship :)

P.S. Jake - I didn't get your PM but Peety lives close by & has said he'll organise for me :rolleyes: