Why become a member? ×

Budget unlined fretless

hillbilly deluxe

On the other hand:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RICHWOOD-RBB-ELECTRIC-FRETLESS-BASS-4-STRING-SUNBURST-/360291986950?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RICHWOOD-RBB-ELECTRI...ents_Guitars_CV[/url]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-VJ96MRJP-Fretless-Bass-Guitar-Relicd-Sunburst-/300457089162?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-VJ96MRJP-Fre...ents_Guitars_CV[/url]

G.

Yes, I don't much like them either - I have a Thunder IIIb unlined fretless that'll probably go into the coffin with me.......

The Richwood may be returned within 7 days (at your own expense) so you could try & if you didn't like... Trouble is, it'd probably need a proper setup which you probably couldn't get done within the 7 days. You could spot promise though.

Say hello to Paisley for me - I lived there for 25 years.

G.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='933395' date='Aug 23 2010, 10:03 AM']Yes, I don't much like them either - I have a Thunder IIIb unlined fretless that'll probably go into the coffin with me.......

The Richwood may be returned within 7 days (at your own expense) so you could try & if you didn't like... Trouble is, it'd probably need a proper setup which you probably couldn't get done within the 7 days. You could spot promise though.

Say hello to Paisley for me - I lived there for 25 years.

G.[/quote]

Anything bought mail order (UK) may be returned wihin 7 days. Something called the distance sales act, or along those lines (can't be bothered to google it now).

There may be some restrictions, and of course, the item in question has to be returned in new condition, packaged etc etc...
So, providing you're very careful and don't start filing frets away etc (ah, we're talking fretless here :)) you still have that 7-day period.

Thanks,but i dont do mail order,ebay,etc,"taste and try before you buy".As long as it has a decent enough feel to it,i can set it up myself,and as it's not going to be my first fretless,im planning on modding it a bit anyway.
My first was what felt like 10st of the numbest sounding Ibanez Musician.

Btw,which part of Paisley did you escape from ?

Edited by hillbilly deluxe

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='933581' date='Aug 23 2010, 01:10 PM']Thanks,but i dont do mail order,ebay,etc,"taste and try before you buy".As long as it has a decent enough feel to it,i can set it up myself,and as it's not going to be my first fretless,im planning on modding it a bit anyway.
My first was what felt like 10st of the numbest sounding Ibanez Musician.

Btw,which part of Paisley did you escape from ?[/quote]

I lived down the bottom end of Greenock Road, overlooking the Racecourse.

What happened to the Musician? Fancy swapping it for the Thunder III?

:)

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

Find a Westone Thunder.

I've got the 1A courtesy of Mr. OHM here, and it's very nice indeed. Lovely neck. Active sounds are iffy, but passive through a nice preamp and it's got buckets of mwah.

I swapped the roundwounds for coated elixirs, but with the rounds it had a very aggressive tone that would be ace in a the right context.

Amazing value if you can find one. :)