Why become a member? ×

Korg Monotron with analogue input - Discuss

Owen

I was supposed to get one from the first batch in the UK thanks to my contact at Korg. However he was off on holiday when they finally arrived, so I missed out. Apparently now they are massively back-ordered so if you haven't actually paid to reserve one it may be a while before you can get hold of one. I'm now waiting to here back from my contacts in Japan to see if it's any more widely available there at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

The filter is based on the lo pass of the Korg MS20. That synth is well known for it's aggressive filter and modular routing abilities. Used to own an original and you'll find a lot of people using them for experimenting by using the input and twisting the sound up. For the price you can't go wrong.

• 1 month later...

Finally got one today. Haven't tried anything through the external input yet as it's all mini-jacks and I don't have enough suitable leads to hand. I'll give you a full report when I've had a chance to check it completely. In the meantime enjoy this: (not by me unfortunately)

[quote name='BigRedX' post='926176' date='Aug 16 2010, 09:38 AM']I was supposed to get one from the first batch in the UK thanks to my contact at Korg. However he was off on holiday when they finally arrived, so I missed out. Apparently now they are massively back-ordered so if you haven't actually paid to reserve one it may be a while before you can get hold of one. I'm now waiting to here back from my contacts in Japan to see if it's any more widely available there at the moment.[/quote]

I was back home at the parentals 2 weekends ago and Dawsons in Chester had at least 1 in stock. Might be worth giving them a call to see if they still have any in.

Edit:- just saw your post saying you had one! They look like they'd be good fun with a looper....

Edited by GarethFlatlands

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='978736' date='Oct 5 2010, 08:05 PM']They look like they'd be good fun with a looper....[/quote]
I'll probably be mod'ing mine for CV and Gate inputs and then use it with Expert Sleepers' Silent Way plug-in - far more versatile then a looper.