Why become a member? ×

FS - Fender American Standard Precision Bass - IMMACULATE/BRAND NEW!

Musicman20

This bass is very new! It feels fantastic to play is also pretty damn light. Ive weighed this next door and its coming up at about 8 3/4 pounds. It has excellent balance and a smooth neck. The neck pocket is so incredibly tight for a Fender its unreal. I cannot stress how good the neck join is. Other great QC on this include the excellent finish, perfect setup, and perfect lineup with the pole pieces on the pickup. I spent time trying out different models and variations and found this to be the best of the Fenders in the store. The sound? Exactly what you expect from an American Precision; punch, warmth, and fantastic low mids. String this with flats and you have motown thump String it with stainless rounds and you have that typical P bass grind/rock tone that always sits well in a mix.

I have just started a new role in a new job, and Ive only just found out they wont be paying me for a fair while, so unfortunately this has to go. As its new, I figured it would be better selling this than trying to sell one Ive been using.

Fresh from Fender, with hanging tags, and the plastic covering on the guard and tuners. As most of you might know, im ultra fussy with QC, and this passed all my usual checks I make before buying.

As with all new Fenders, you get:

Brand new unmarked excellent new hardcase
Rolled fingerboard edges
High Mass Bridge
String through body or through bridge
Excellent maple board that gleams!
Lighter tuner keys
Flat pole pieces on the pickups

No wear, no marks, immaculate. Medium-low action, factory strings (still brand new), and has a nice grain to the sunburst.

They retail for £950+ for the Sunburst model, (which this is, obviously). Eg [url="http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars_detail.asp?stock=08103116425838"]http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars...=08103116425838[/url]

[color="#4B0082"][size=4]I'd like £710 for it which is very fair considering how 'new' it literally is.[/size][/color] I will accept ONO.

Uninsured/standard shipping is cheaper (£15 or so), and insured shipping is around £30, maybe a little less. This will be through Interparcel, who I have used before, and Ive been more than impressed. You can also arrange your own courier if you like.

I can also possibly meet within 1 hour of Newcastle, for around £10 of fuel.

If you are local, feel free to ask for a test and obviously this will save shipping.

PM any offers or questions. Im happy to help. As per my feedback, I REALLY look after my gear, but this is even more of an shining example as its brand new. If I didnt have rent and I didnt have to wait for pay from a new job, I would keep it.

Normal procedure is cash on collection, or bank transfer/paypal before collection/dispatching to your address.

Trade pending.

Edited by Musicman20

why why why sell this??? This is EXACTLY the same kinda thing I bought not long ago, and im pretty sure you partially talked me into buying it... lol :)

seriously this shouldnt be here long, amazing basses

Cheers chaps.

Dont get me wrong, I like these new basses, I just currently have one too many. I bought this beauty because the neck pocket/weight and feel lured me in.

A few days later I realised I just wont get to play it very often due to the amount of Fenders, hence I think I should move it on.

Had a few PMs again. Still here at the moment. Im now open to trades for something a little 'special'; please see above. This would involve even more of a financial problem for me, but it might stop me buying and selling if I get something a little different.

Dropped the price a little to £725 to get the ball rolling a little quicker.

Cheers!

I like the idea of having a Rosewood/Flatwound P bass for thump and a Maple/Roundwound bass for growl. The neck looks a lot smaller than I expected - I used to use a Maple Neck Tokai Hardpuncher and that was PHAT but hugely comfortable. I think the new precisions look so much nicer with the grain. You won't be waiting long on here with the amount of guys after an as new maple necked P for £200 less than the high street price. Have a bump on me!

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='928109' date='Aug 17 2010, 10:25 PM']I like the idea of having a Rosewood/Flatwound P bass for thump and a Maple/Roundwound bass for growl. The neck looks a lot smaller than I expected - I used to use a Maple Neck Tokai Hardpuncher and that was PHAT but hugely comfortable. I think the new precisions look so much nicer with the grain. You won't be waiting long on here with the amount of guys after an as new maple necked P for £200 less than the high street price. Have a bump on me![/quote]

[quote name='BIG.J' post='928155' date='Aug 17 2010, 10:59 PM']PM'd![/quote]

And replied, thanks!

[quote name='Stag' post='928169' date='Aug 17 2010, 11:12 PM']I just put flats on mine, which is exactly the same as this as mentioned above but with rosewood board. Sounds wonderful, cant stop doing Aretha numbers on it.

Someone give this a loving hmoe :rolleyes:[/quote]

Plus 1, in fact, when demoing it, I kinda thought 'should I REALLY be selling this, or should I use one of my maple boarded ones for gigging, and the other maple and rosewood for recording/home use and keep them mint.

For now its still for sale, plenty of offers and PMs. Still currently looking for a home.

Cheers

[quote name='Chest Rockwell' post='928774' date='Aug 18 2010, 04:34 PM']got any pics under a more natural light? just wondered if the red is a bit more vibrant?[/quote]

Your wish is my command!

No flash, just the light from my apartment window (which isnt a lot!).

This is only on my iPhone camera, but does the trick:

[attachment=56949:photo.JPG]

[attachment=56950:photo_1.JPG]

[attachment=56951:photo_2.JPG]

I will ship outside the UK by the way. Had a few queries about this.

Obviously the shipping will not be cheap...and you can either arrange it or I will. Its approx £70.00 to send it to Sweden with £1000 worth of insurance, for example.

Thanks. Slowly starting to think the more I look at it the more I want to keep it. Ill see what happens.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='931240' date='Aug 20 2010, 06:56 PM']I think I will be withdrawing this.

Ive been playing some other basses to see if I can 'try out' something different to a P, but they just didnt cut it.

With it being such a nice bass, I might just keep it mint and enjoy it. Ill give it another few days.[/quote]
I've got a Kramer DMZ4001 american made bass in blck with seymour duncan p and j pickups. It dates to late 1979. I'm looking to swap it for an American made Precision,if your interested.

[quote name='paulsummerill' post='932038' date='Aug 21 2010, 05:19 PM']I've got a Kramer DMZ4001 american made bass in blck with seymour duncan p and j pickups. It dates to late 1979. I'm looking to swap it for an American made Precision,if your interested.[/quote]

Hi

Thanks for the offer, but ill give it a miss.

Thanks for the interest.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='932854' date='Aug 22 2010, 04:35 PM']:)

Where was i when all this was going on lol.

I had considered this exact model as a replacement for my MIA but even though the nut is not as wide as my Ray34 i still think its too much of a gamble.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.[/quote]

Hhaha. I went through a bit of a possible change about with basses last week. After playing this again this weekend, Im very tempted to keep it. I cant decide so ill just leave it for sale and see what happens.

I can't believe this still hasn't gone! If you watch the youtube videos of someone comparing a P bass copy to a Fender one you always know which is which. Fender Precision tone is incredibly distinctive, simple bass or I dont think you can imitate it 100%. I've never tried a high end version though, not a lot to improve now fender have upped the quality since 2008.