Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Musicman Stingray SUB 5 String.

Shockwave

Hey guys.

[size=3][b]Description[/b][/size]

Here we have a gigged example of a Musicman Stingray 5 string SUB. Made in USA and every bit as good as a real stingray!

[size=3][b]Specification[/b][/size]

Comes in classic textured black, the original scratchplate has been replaced with a gloss black one. Usualy SUB specs, such as poplar body, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard.

[size=3][b]Functionality[/b][/size]

Absoloutely no problems electrically or structurally, all electronics are working smoothly. Trussrod is 100% Sound.

[size=3][b]Playability[/b] [/size]

Currently at a low to medium action, very close to my other SR5 for half the price!

[size=3][b]Sounds[/b][/size]

Real growly tone, Its a 2 band EQ with that classic Stingray sound, i actually prefer the tone to my three band SR5.

[size=3][b]Condition[/b][/size]

Now to get to the meat of it! When i recieved the bass it was a tad mucky, i have taken apart the bass and cleaned it up. Though there is some problems, the headstock has numerous scratches and has been touched up. Close up and in daylight they are noticable, but at a gig no one would be able to see them! There is wear on the underside of the neck where the fingerboard/neck joins. There are some marks on the control plate. Some of the pickguard screws are tarnished though functional. Check out the photos below for a more detailed look at condition.

[size=3][b]Price/Trades[/b][/size]

£375 FIRM Maybe trade/part ex for guitar or bass? Would need some money on a deal though unless i really liked the offer!

[size=3][b]Delivery[/b][/size]

Bass must be picked up from Bristol, would rather not post at this time. If you need to have it posted, let me know and i will contact you if i decide to post.

[size=3][b]Other information[/b][/size]

If you require any other information or specific photos of the bass, please let me know either by PM or my E-mail address Anubispearl [AT] hotmail.com, My number is also available for serious buyers.

[size=3][b]Photos:[/b][/size]

Here are some photos of the bass after clean, and during the latter parts of cleaning, I took the neck off and each bit of hardware and put it back together again after cleaning, i boiled the strings (Which are about 3 months old) and some of the screws to get rid of grime. On the lower cutaway there is a cat hair, its not a scratch!

[quote name='Wil' post='915768' date='Aug 5 2010, 11:50 AM']Out of idle curiosity, what are the differences between this and a regular Stingray (besides the fact it's a different shape to the 'ray 5)?[/quote]

Very little, in fact - and somewhat ironically - it's more like a Stingray than the Stingray 5. The PUP, circuit and configuration is pretty close to the original design, which is not the case with the SR5. The SUB5 was hands down the best five string I owned (and the list includes SR5, Bongo, Status, & Precision). Looks like a proper 'ray also, I never liked the SR5's design.

Rob, you're mad, I've seen these go for almost twice that on the 'bay. Keep it

C

[quote name='bigsmokebass' post='919035' date='Aug 8 2010, 08:37 PM'][u][b]PM'd and baggsy'd ;P[/b][/u][/quote]

If you mean the earlier PM, then i havent replied to it, and i wont accept a monthly payment dealy.

Just havent gotten around to answering yet!

That's fine, i wasnt being impatient, just letting you know that i did PM incase anyone got there first haha :)

It's a shame you wont do that technique, it'd be more my risk at the end of the day but i know you probably want to shift it now instead.

Worse comes to worse you know where to find me but good luck all the same and have a free BUMP!

ciao