Why become a member? ×

Doom, or trancendental rock.

steve-soar

sounds like you both need some Yob. I love this band, they bring the heavy, wall of sound, but if you can get past what might seem like noise, they're utterly blissful. This, to me, is what one might call 'The sh*t'...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGKBMDGUbPQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGKBMDGUbPQ[/url]

(I just cannot find a way to embed videos on this site!?!)

Edited by Chest Rockwell

[quote name='steve-soar' post='911261' date='Jul 31 2010, 02:35 PM']Just bought Solar Benediction on double vinyl, should have it by Tuesday, why was it disappointing?[/quote]
Had I come to it with no expectations, I probably would have thought differently, but...

It's that thing that happens sometimes with supergroups like this. You know and love the musicians from their various bands, and you think they're brilliant within those bands, but when they come together... the whole just doesn't seem to match up to the sum of the parts. FWIW, much as I love Dale Crover (and I [b]LOVE[/b] his drumming with Melvins), I think Chris Hakius (the originally intended drummer) would have worked better in Shrinebuilder, and maybe tied it all together a bit better.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='912172' date='Aug 1 2010, 07:48 PM'] [/quote]

Boris are way too underrated for my liking. makes me question whether I have any faith in humanity.

also, this.

they were my introduction to doom, never looked back.

Edited by deathpanda

hmmm I really rate Ian Astbury as a singer so that could be interesting. I've always been a little 50/50 with Boris, Seen em live twice, once out-standing and once not so much. There recorded output i could take or leave. As for Shrinebuilder I guess it could never live up to the billing of its members full time bands but still a stonking slice of stoner rock/metal. Lovely with a cup of tea and a bun.

[quote name='wingnutkj' post='913162' date='Aug 2 2010, 08:44 PM']Yay! A topic I can talk about! (I've been lurking for ages).

Not strictly doom, but definitely trancendental - I've been playing the new Zoroaster album a lot recently - it sounds a lot like this:
[/quote]

slamming good, nice shout

[quote name='wingnutkj' post='913162' date='Aug 2 2010, 08:44 PM']Yay! A topic I can talk about! (I've been lurking for ages).

Not strictly doom, but definitely trancendental - I've been playing the new Zoroaster album a lot recently - it sounds a lot like this:
[/quote] :)