Why become a member? ×

***SOLD** Mesa Boogie 400+

PauBass

For sale is my Mesa 400+, in excellent condition and working perfectly, recently serviced.
I swapped the Preamp driver valve 12AX7 for a Tungsol 12AU7 as recommended on Talkbass and now sounds so much better, included on the sale is the original valve too.

I'm also including on the sale a Custom ABY Box that makes of this amp a very versatile beast. It allows you to use two different instruments also to select channel 1, channel 2 or both together. Run your effects in one channel, leave the other one clean and mix them to taste! It's a great bit of kit.

Price? £925 with the valve and ABY box included in the price.

I'm based in Hove, collection prefered but I'm happy to post at the buyer's expense and risk.

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='alexharvay' post='907130' date='Jul 27 2010, 02:25 PM']Is that actually how you run the EQ?[/quote]

No, not really...I clean any dust on the amp regularly, that's the way it was left after the cleaning :)

Edited by PauBass

Some interest but not sold yet. This amp is a killer!

Together wih the Custom ABY box you can have clean sound in one channel, more grit on the second one and mix both to taste.
Also you can run effects into one channel, leave the other one clean and keep your bottom end intact...it makes the of the amp a very versatile beast, you won't be dissapointed.

These will do hella gritty especially if you run both inputs at the same time, and because each channel has a volume control you can crank them with them cascading into each other and then just turn the master down, it will do really distorted then. Unless of course your bass has the output of a 5 year old girl.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='928454' date='Aug 18 2010, 11:10 AM']These will do hella gritty especially if you run both inputs at the same time, and because each channel has a volume control you can crank them with them cascading into each other and then just turn the master down, it will do really distorted then. Unless of course your bass has the output of a 5 year old girl.[/quote]

Exactly as Tayste said.

With the ABY box I had one channel with a clean sound and the other with more grit. Running both together I got even more distortion.
With effects I run them on one channel only, letft the other one clean and run them together, blending both to keep the bottom end at all times.

The amp has a really nice clean sound too!

[quote name='Bucket Head' post='938412' date='Aug 27 2010, 08:36 PM']ive always wanted to try one of these, and im only round the corner too. are up for doing any trades?[/quote]

You are welcome to come and try it out.
Not really interested on any trades but fire me a PM with what you have to offer, you never know...GAS.

• 2 weeks later...