Why become a member? ×

SD Rickenbacker pick-ups

Selling a pair of Seymour Duncan upgrade pickups for Rickenbacker 4000 series basses; both virtually as new, boxed, with full wiring instructions.

Also a genuine Ric chromed bridge pickup-cover / hand-rest that’s in good nick, no cracks, but fine scratching on the chrome – would look just right on an older bass. *EDIT : SOLD PENDING*

Blurb from SD;

SRB-1n (neck); “[i]This humbucking pickup improves tone and output over the stock Rickenbacker bass neck pickup while also reducing noise and hum. A full frequency, full bodied response is provided by the dual ceramic magnets and special coil winding. The sound is richer and thicker than stock pickups.
Four-conductor shielded cable lets you split the coils electrically: in phase or out of phase, series or parallel, with or without humbucking effect.
This pickup is a direct replacement and requires no bass guitar modification.
Hand built in Santa Barbara, California[/i].”

SRB-1b (bridge); “[i]This humbucking pickup provides more sustain, power and punch than stock Rickenbacker Bass pickup while also reducing noise and hum. Dual Alnico V blade magnets provide full frequency, full bodied response.
A special phenolic pickup surround is included to improve the appearance of your bass. Four-conductor shielded cable lets you split the coils electrically: in phase or out of phase, series or parallel, with or without humbucking effect.
This pickup is a direct replacement and requires no bass guitar modification.
Hand built in Santa Barbara, California[/i].”

Asking £40 each (posted) for the pickups (best deal on these on-line around £80 each plus shipping), £20 for the cover.
Probably going on ebay this weekend.

Edited by Shaggy

[quote name='steviedee' post='907076' date='Jul 27 2010, 01:48 PM']Hi just wondered if these would it an Ibanez rickenfaker 4001?[/quote]

Would depend how close the Ibby is to the original (ie; I've no idea! :) )

neck p/up is; L - 65 / W - 27 / H - 14 mm, width centre-centre of height adjust screw-holes = 82 mm

bridge p/up; L- 74 / W - 36 / H - 13-ish mm (on ric-sized baseplate, width centre-centre of height adjust screw-holes = 127 mm)

Hope that helps!

[quote name='steviedee' post='907076' date='Jul 27 2010, 01:48 PM']Hi just wondered if these would it an Ibanez rickenfaker 4001?[/quote]
Yours is one of the later ones with proper copies of the Rick pups, isn't it? These should be OK.

Jon.

[quote name='Beedster' post='914908' date='Aug 4 2010, 01:36 PM']I still have a black surround for the bridge PUP (sorry Greg, I'd completely forgotten I had it, and it turned up in a box the other day). Happy to forward that to whoever buys these if required

C[/quote]

Cheers Chris, appreciate it..............and black is the new black of course. :)