Why become a member? ×

PEDAL MODS.

weepaul

HELLo,

I see a guy on Ebay (Pedalhacker) selling pedal mod kits for Boss pedals, and theres one for the ODB3 pedal.
I mailed about em, and theres 10-15 parts to be soldered in.
Has anybody tried them ? Do they change the sound by much ? Are they easy enough to fit ?

Don't worry, I think the '?' button on my computer is now worn out.

Cheers,
Paul.

Found [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Pedalhacker+Mod/BOSS+ODB-3+Mod/10/1"]this[/url] rather enthusiastic review. Looks inexpensive to order the parts, and if you're handy with a soldering iron, why not? I would go for it :)

The bro's pretty handy with this type of thing (installed EMG's and sorted the E.Q.), but he could punch me in the nuts for asking him to wire these in :)
I'll ask him see if he's up for the challenge. Just incase anyone from Belfast etc handy with this type of thing ? There could be a pint and a pack of peanuts in it for ya :brow:

I did the 'C4 mod' on my old boss tremelo pedal, in which you simply cut out the c4 resistor and it instantly sounds a million times better! Just goes to show they don't always know what they're doing. Same reason i sold my old marshall guitar amp - let's make valve distortion redundant by implimenting a 2 second delay and fadein when changing channels. Ridiculous!

[quote name='DaveMuadDib' post='898797' date='Jul 19 2010, 12:03 PM']I did the 'C4 mod' on my old boss tremelo pedal, in which you simply cut out the c4 resistor and it instantly sounds a million times better! Just goes to show they don't always know what they're doing. Same reason i sold my old marshall guitar amp - let's make valve distortion redundant by implimenting a 2 second delay and fadein when changing channels. Ridiculous![/quote]

I did the C4 mod too, surprising amount of difference to the pedal. I also did the Ruetz mod on my Rat and didn't like it so much. I ended up restoring the resistor and replacing the IC with the original. Sounds loads better now.