Why become a member? ×

Pre EB musicman bridges/musicman bridge replacement!

Prime_BASS

I'll be recieving a SUB very soon as I'm no millionaire and minimum wage for unde 21's is diabolical!

Anyway I'll be upgrading it with various things, but I'm stock at the bridge replacement, the only thing I can think of (of the top of my head ) is a badass III bridg as it has 3 mounting screws and I won't have to do any drilling/screwing.

However I would rather have a musicman bridge with the mute pads on it. So my question is how do I get one of those?

I could buy a classic ray or a pre EB ray, and then try and sell it on.

I've tried eBay and there is a 1980 something musicman bridge on there except it's missing the mute pads, so that's a no go, is there a way of ordering one from EBMM?

Any mods you do will need to be reversible or you'll end up losing yet more of that hard earned wonga.

You won't be able to graft a musicman bridge onto a sub body without modifying the body. EB also made some incremental changes to the alignment of the bridge from about 93 onwards so your positioning may need to be off centre slightly in order to accommodate the point at which the strings break over the saddles.

I'd suggest saving yourself a load of hassle and money by leaving the bridge alone. There's not too much wrong with it.

But to answer your question: Ebay is the only real source and they're like chicken teeth. You'll be lucky to see one come up every two years.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='894533' date='Jul 14 2010, 10:51 AM']I'll be recieving a SUB very soon as I'm no millionaire and minimum wage for unde 21's is diabolical!

Anyway I'll be upgrading it with various things, but I'm stock at the bridge replacement, the only thing I can think of (of the top of my head ) is a badass III bridg as it has 3 mounting screws and I won't have to do any drilling/screwing.

However I would rather have a musicman bridge with the mute pads on it. So my question is how do I get one of those?

I could buy a classic ray or a pre EB ray, and then try and sell it on.

I've tried eBay and there is a 1980 something musicman bridge on there except it's missing the mute pads, so that's a no go, is there a way of ordering one from EBMM?[/quote]

EBMM do not sell parts as a matter of policy. They only do a service exchange so if you have a dead pick-up you have to return the faulty one.

Your best source is Ebay.

Missing mute pads are not a problem, you can make them from old mouse mats. You just need to be sure that the springs and grub-screws are there.

• 5 weeks later...