Why become a member? ×

FS: Ibanez GSR205 Fretless with Fret Markers

Faithless

[b]
2. Ibanez GSR 205 Fretless[/b]

So, sadly, as nobody locally were interested in this baby, I'm putting this one here..

The reason, I'm letting this one go, is that I focus on fretted bass, so this fretless thingy doesn't get played too much at all.

Ok, so, this bass was bought as my back-up bass, but, as string breaks and other problems doesn't happen to me at gigs or wherever at all, I've gave it to luthier to make it fretless, and, also, put fret markers..

I strung it with GHS nylons, they're as fresh as new.. Bass is strung E-C now, but, there is no problem to string it to B-G (which was his 'natural' tuning for a long time..)

It has Jazz pups and active pre, so you can dial a few tones outta it - bass can sound very much 'double-bassy', and, soloing bridge pickup gives very authentic 'Jaco heaven'..

The neck has a bit of dive at the dusty end, but, for those who like not too low action (as opposed to me..), it should be just ok. :)

For those, who like fretless (with fret-markers!) basses, it's a very good cheap pick, I think..

[b][color="#FF0000"]IMPORTANT NOTE:[/color][/b] I'd like you to also include money for a decent hard-case, as this bass doesn't have one with it, and I'm refusing to send it withouht being hard-cased.. I think around 40 pounds would do, and you always can sell the case afterwards if you don't use it, can't you..

I'm looking for [b][s][color="#0000FF"]140[/color][/s][/b] [b][s][color="#FF0000"]120 [/color][/s][/b] [b]100 [/b]pounds + postage (which should be ~40/80 pounds to UK - depends if you want it tracked..).
I do stay in Lithuania, but with couriers, the distance is not an issue these days, innit..

You can reach me here through PM,
ask anything you need,

easy,
Faith

Edited by Faithless

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='925341' date='Aug 15 2010, 09:42 AM']I'm just an observer here, but I've seen the bumpage here, and am wondering if potential purchasers are put off by the unknown cost of postage from Lithuania. Perhaps you could give estimates?[/quote]

Yup. I am looking for an Ibanez 5er to defret...there's one defretted here. I might be interested if I knew the postage charge!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Interested, but a little put off by the high delivery cost!

Is it this bass?

[url="http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR5005E"]http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR5005E[/url]

What's the string spacing?

Regards

Mike

PS Will PM you soon re. arp stuff - havent' really done a lot of it recently, been playing mostly double bass!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Faithless' post='1075031' date='Jan 2 2011, 09:04 AM']I should have said - they're [i]likely [/i]to go, [i]but [/i]they are [i]still [/i]available..[/quote]

hi, i think from the amount of bumps and time and sheer lack of interest you can see no one is likely to buy on here. it only seems to be the older ibanez`s that get much interest. the prestige is a fantastic bass and you would probably get more than what you are asking on here from ebay if you give it a go. i tried selling a sr prestige myself here and didnt get a single bite so know the feeling. they are superb basses and worth every penny but i think you are flogging a dead horse on this forum. i kept mine in the end and highly modified so will probably never be able to sell it now but i have a fantastic bass with a neck like no other. i am not poking my nose in to be annoying but think you should give ebay a try as i am quite sure you will have a better chance at selling it. i dont really know why so many people are not keen on ebay? the best way is to put it on a 30 day fixed price sale with a best offer option and not take the chance of getting low bid prices. good luck and have a bump. cheers

I am quite interested on the GSR, but the postage seems mental, not saying thats your fault, but considering its the same price as the bass, its putting my off.

Is the price mentioned for postage on the front page a realistic estimate?

Well, there were no less than 5 potential buyers in half a year's time (most of them in month's or two time actually..)

And as I'm writing this, I have another interest but your thoughts really make sense, so I'm thinking about Ebay thing - 400 isn't really the price I'm looking for this amazing bass..

Why I'm put off eBay is very high taxes for only posting and advert and keeping it.. Not to mention lots of scams..

Thanks for your thoughts once more,
cheers
Laimis

[quote name='adledman' post='1075281' date='Jan 2 2011, 03:36 PM']hi, i think from the amount of bumps and time and sheer lack of interest you can see no one is likely to buy on here. it only seems to be the older ibanez`s that get much interest. the prestige is a fantastic bass and you would probably get more than what you are asking on here from ebay if you give it a go. i tried selling a sr prestige myself here and didnt get a single bite so know the feeling. they are superb basses and worth every penny but i think you are flogging a dead horse on this forum. i kept mine in the end and highly modified so will probably never be able to sell it now but i have a fantastic bass with a neck like no other. i am not poking my nose in to be annoying but think you should give ebay a try as i am quite sure you will have a better chance at selling it. i dont really know why so many people are not keen on ebay? the best way is to put it on a 30 day fixed price sale with a best offer option and not take the chance of getting low bid prices. good luck and have a bump. cheers[/quote]

[quote name='foxeth' post='1075399' date='Jan 2 2011, 05:48 PM']I am quite interested on the GSR, but the postage seems mental, not saying thats your fault, but considering its the same price as the bass, its putting my off.

Is the price mentioned for postage on the front page a realistic estimate?[/quote]

It was estimated including a hard-case (which ain't free of course..) as I'm not really up for sending bass 'alone', and some couriers reject to send it not being hard-cased..

Postage to UK should really be about 100 pounds.

Laimis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...