Why become a member? ×

Decals - where to get them?

Moos3h

Hi all,

I have a really poor quality J bass copy that i'd like to put a Fender logo on the headstock of, it's never going to fool anyone so it's only for aesthetics - I was even contemplating doing a 'Faker Jazz' logo, but can't find anyone that sells them in the UK.

Have tried ebay and couldn't really find much, likewise a google didn't throw anything of use this side of the pond.

Thanks in advance,
James

Normally ebay has a few vendors but I tend to make my own using inkjet decal paper. its maybe £2.50 a sheet but you can do loads with that
[url="http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=158&CatID=15&kw=inkjet%20water-slide%20decal%20paper&fl=407202&ci=3097825132&network=s&gclid=COC_1IrS5aICFUMA4woduHxlwg"]http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/Produ...CFUMA4woduHxlwg[/url]

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='892575' date='Jul 12 2010, 10:11 AM']Normally ebay has a few vendors but I tend to make my own using inkjet decal paper. its maybe £2.50 a sheet but you can do loads with that
[url="http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=158&CatID=15&kw=inkjet%20water-slide%20decal%20paper&fl=407202&ci=3097825132&network=s&gclid=COC_1IrS5aICFUMA4woduHxlwg"]http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/Produ...CFUMA4woduHxlwg[/url][/quote]
Can you print gold?
I make my own black ones but can't do the gold infills. I have a "one off" I need done and was going to contact a guy on ebay this morning who I've used before (theclash1968) but if it can be done through Basschat.... :brow:

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='892584' date='Jul 12 2010, 10:21 AM']Can you print gold?
I make my own black ones but can't do the gold infills. I have a "one off" I need done and was going to contact a guy on ebay this morning who I've used before (theclash1968) but if it can be done through Basschat.... :brow:[/quote]

theclash1968 is a great guy, I've used his stuff before, really helpful guy, especially if you're rubbish at applying decals, 1st, second and third time round.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='903859' date='Jul 24 2010, 11:12 AM']Anyone else got recommendations for where to get these? I'm about to refinish a 70s Classic MIM and want to get hold of the appropriate sticker for matching headstock. Can't find any on ebay, I assume people are rather coy about advertising them.[/quote]

Just make some. Get the clear decal paper off eBay and print some off, only costs a couple of quid.
I scoured google for appropriate images and then cleaned them up, gave a few away on here as i had a load spare

I have publisher document at home with some decals on, can email it to you if you like?

The eBay seller is also very good, can do some very specific decals. I just don't like paying all that money for one when i can make 15 for half the price!

I've just had a very satisfactory quote from The Decal Shop for some replacement old-style Overwater logos.
I asked Chris May first, but unfortunately the only ones he has left are so old that they fall apart when you try to soak them.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='905753' date='Jul 26 2010, 01:05 PM']Just make some. Get the clear decal paper off eBay and print some off, only costs a couple of quid.
I scoured google for appropriate images and then cleaned them up, gave a few away on here as i had a load spare

I have publisher document at home with some decals on, can email it to you if you like?

The eBay seller is also very good, can do some very specific decals. I just don't like paying all that money for one when i can make 15 for half the price![/quote]

Can you print gold metallic ink?

Either way I'd be interested in the publisher doc if you can find the time!

Edited by LawrenceH