Why become a member? ×

the basschat swapshop cd

john_the_bass

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='99959' date='Dec 6 2007, 02:17 AM']I'd be in. But how about this.....

Just post what would be your CD track listing (as if you'd burnt it - consider it a virtual CD).

Then....if someone chooses to go off and find those tracks either legally or illegally....then Basschat seriously can't be held responsible can they?[/quote]

That sounds like a pretty fair compromise to me.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='99149' date='Dec 4 2007, 08:35 PM']I'm sorry guys, but this is really not a good idea. If basschat is seen as somewhere people openly arrange to exchange illegally copied CDs to each other as is being suggested it might attract unwanted attention and potentially cause trouble for the site owners.

It would be better for people to send in their own original tracks for which they own the copyright.

jus' sayin'[/quote]

MB1. :)
+TWELVETY
Not Another move please!...... Bassworld.......Basschat,......Gypo Corner?....

[quote]How about you get picked with someone then you have to go and find and listen to/buy/get hold of the last 5 tracks/ 5 different artists tracks that the person you are matched with bought? An review them!....
or does that idea suck?[/quote]

I'm up for it, and thats a good idea if we're worried about copyright, you can listen to pretty much anything on sites like youtube and the like without upsetting basschat admin or big music corperations

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='99959' date='Dec 6 2007, 02:17 AM']I'd be in. But how about this.....

Just post what would be your CD track listing (as if you'd burnt it - consider it a virtual CD).

Then....if someone chooses to go off and find those tracks either legally or illegally....then Basschat seriously can't be held responsible can they?[/quote]

Nice compromise. I'll give it a go.

[quote name='walplayer' post='99215' date='Dec 4 2007, 09:23 PM']How about you get picked with someone then you have to go and find and listen to/buy/get hold of the last 5 tracks/ 5 different artists tracks that the person you are matched with bought? An review them!....
or does that idea suck?[/quote]

Excellent modification of John's brilliant idea. I'm up for that, if this is still on - please (whoever is co-ordinating this) put my name as well in the hat.
Someone's in for a stonking (IMHO) 'recommendation list' :) from me!