Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

OLP Stingray 5 string upgrades...

fretmeister

[quote name='fretmeister' post='97970' date='Dec 3 2007, 10:02 AM']Anyone know if a Status neck will fit on the 5 string?

ta[/quote]

I think it will, because there used to be someone on Bassworld who had one with a Status graphite neck. Can't remember who it was though.

There's also a rewiring mod to get rid of the 2 volume controls - do a search in the 'Repairs and Technical' forum.
I never got around to modding mine yet. There's also a Nordstrand pickup available for these basses.

One thing to remember about the OLP is that the string spacing at the bridge is 3 1/2-inches compared to 3 3/4-inches on the Stingray 5. This means that the pole pieces of any of the SR5 replacement pick-ups will not sit correctly under the strings. If you can find one, a Sub 5, is a better option as it is the same dimensions as an SR5.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Rayman' post='98233' date='Dec 3 2007, 04:30 PM']Also, the pickups aren't bad anyway, you're better off upgrading the pre-amp to improve the tone, like I may do with my OLP Tony Levin 5.[/quote]

I put seymour Duncan pup & pre-amp in my Levin and also put in a mini 3way toggle switch to change pup settings go for it its awsome !