Why become a member? ×

Peavey T40 for sale or swap.-SOLD SOLD SOLD

dougie

Hi guys,after reading through the forum sections(which has got me back into wanting to practising for hours again)ive decided that im gonna sell/trade the T40 for something better suited.Im into learning Metallica stuff and suchlike so looking for something modern looking and lighter.
Anyway heres what i have,Peavey T40,when i removed the scratchplate there was a date and signature under it stating 3/13/79 but the serial number 00364045 doesnt suggest its 1979 from what ive found,it has a few marks on the body(not bad ones),when i bought it i put it into a local shop to restring and check it over and the guy said it was in excellent nick for its age.It has one problem though as one of the toggle switches has snapped off(reason i had the scratchplate off)and i havnt replaced it yet as hoping to source out a matching original one,all the control knobs are smooth with no crackling etc and i fitted a new input jack.All in all i think its better suited to someone whos played bass for longer and is wasted on a beginner,havnt really got a price in mind so open to offers of cash/another bass,cash either way.
EDIT-Apologies it seems rules here are a price is needed,
It owes me £270 so thats the ballpark figure im aiming at.....trade still welcome though.

Edited by dougie

Can I interest you in an Ibanez SR800LE? This one's 1990, made in Japan, very light, very versatile active EQ, and one of the thinnest, fastest necks I've played.

I've had this one for 10 years, and to be honest haven't really played it in the last 7, since getting bitten by the "vintage" bug. It's in excellent condition, with a few very minor bumps & scuffs & negligible fretwear around the first 5 positions.

[attachment=53533:sr800f.jpg] [attachment=53534:sr800h.jpg]

Jon.

Cheers for the pm`s im getting from you guys,all good offers,whats the best method you guys use to ship guitars about???,only thing worrying me is i dont have a hard case or such to send it in. :)

Edited by dougie

[quote name='dougie' post='885465' date='Jul 4 2010, 01:52 PM']Hi guys,after reading through the forum sections(which has got me back into wanting to practising for hours again)ive decided that im gonna sell/trade the T40 for something better suited.Im into learning Metallica stuff and suchlike so looking for something modern looking and lighter.
Anyway heres what i have,Peavey T40,when i removed the scratchplate there was a date and signature under it stating 3/13/79 but the serial number 00364045 doesnt suggest its 1979 from what ive found,it has a few marks on the body(not bad ones),when i bought it i put it into a local shop to restring and check it over and the guy said it was in excellent nick for its age.It has one problem though as one of the toggle switches has snapped off(reason i had the scratchplate off)and i havnt replaced it yet as hoping to source out a matching original one,all the control knobs are smooth with no crackling etc and i fitted a new input jack.All in all i think its better suited to someone whos played bass for longer and is wasted on a beginner,havnt really got a price in mind so open to offers of cash/another bass,cash either way.
EDIT-Apologies it seems rules here are a price is needed,
It owes me £270 so thats the ballpark figure im aiming at.....trade still welcome though.[/quote]

Hi, Welcome aboard.

Shame you are moving on your T-40, in years to come you'll be looking for another one and thinking
wow, if only I could get one now for the £270 I sold mine for, all those years ago!! :rolleyes:

00364, is a 1979. The switches are cheap enough to buy - I have some spares and don't take long to fit.

Good luck with your sale/trade.

Cheers. :)

[quote name='dougie' post='885565' date='Jul 4 2010, 05:02 PM']Cheers for the pm`s im getting from you guys,all good offers,whats the best method you guys use to ship guitars about???,only thing worrying me is i dont have a hard case or such to send it in. :)[/quote]
Whereabouts are you? I see from your intro post you're in Scotland - I'm in Edinburgh so if you were interested in my Ibby we might be able to meet up.

Otherwise, I'd recommend whipping off the strings, unbolting the neck, bubble-wrap both bits thoroughly & then bung both bits in a sturdy cardboard box, packed out with loads of scewed-up newspaper.

J.

[quote name='dougie' post='885565' date='Jul 4 2010, 05:02 PM']Cheers for the pm`s im getting from you guys,all good offers,whats the best method you guys use to ship guitars about???,only thing worrying me is i dont have a hard case or such to send it in. :)[/quote]

Go to a local guitar shop and ask if they have a spare box for it. Stick the bass in a gig bag with padding around the headstock and hardware. Put the bag in the box and pad it so tightly (bubble wrap or polystyrene stuff) so that nothing can move.

All that time and effort, better to either meet in person or get a cheap semi-hard case.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='885574' date='Jul 4 2010, 05:12 PM']Whereabouts are you? I see from your intro post you're in Scotland - I'm in Edinburgh so if you were interested in my Ibby we might be able to meet up.

Otherwise, I'd recommend whipping off the strings, unbolting the neck, bubble-wrap both bits thoroughly & then bung both bits in a sturdy cardboard box, packed out with loads of scewed-up newspaper.

J.[/quote]
Lmao....closer than you realise,Livingston....20 minutes away. :)

[quote name='dougie' post='885587' date='Jul 4 2010, 05:26 PM']Lmao....closer than you realise,Livingston....20 minutes away. :)[/quote]
Update on this guys,meeting up with Bassassin this weekend,had good offers from a few of you(and appreciate it)but Assassins minutes down the road saving posting etc...plus his Ibanez is the same colour as my bike lol :rolleyes: (Yam R1)

Edited by dougie

Once again guys thanks for all that pm`d me,its now in the hands of Bassassin who i met up with earlier and swapped with some cash(my way) for a mint Ibby,Thanks Jon.......great guy to deal with,offered me use of his sound room etc to try it out and even entertained my hyperactive 6 yr old who was making me s**t myself with his "must touch" "whats this?" "whats that?" antics,pleasure meeting you m8,best of luck with the T40 :)

[quote name='dougie' post='890621' date='Jul 9 2010, 05:25 PM']Once again guys thanks for all that pm`d me,its now in the hands of Bassassin who i met up with earlier and swapped with some cash(my way) for a mint Ibby,Thanks Jon.......great guy to deal with,offered me use of his sound room etc to try it out and even entertained my hyperactive 6 yr old who was making me s**t myself with his "must touch" "whats this?" "whats that?" antics,pleasure meeting you m8,best of luck with the T40 :)[/quote]
Great to meet you Dougie, loving the T-40! Popped a 2-way switch in to replace the broken one (turns out it's a phase switch) and everything's sounding good now. Will give it a proper clean-up and new strings ASAP and put it through its paces at next practice.

Hope you enjoy the Ibby, it's a sweet little bass & I'm probably going to miss it! Any problems or anything you need a hand with, let me know.

And your little lad's a diamond! :rolleyes:

J.

[quote name='dougie' post='887783' date='Jul 6 2010, 09:07 PM']Update on this guys,meeting up with Bassassin this weekend,had good offers from a few of you(and appreciate it)but Assassins minutes down the road saving posting etc...plus his Ibanez is the same colour as my bike lol :rolleyes: (Yam R1)[/quote]

Ah Bassassin you old desert fox! Using the old "the bass matches the colour of your motorbike" ruse. No wonder we beat Jerry in 45. :)

Jez

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='890813' date='Jul 9 2010, 09:05 PM']Ah Bassassin you old desert fox! Using the old "the bass matches the colour of your motorbike" ruse. No wonder we beat Jerry in 45. :)

Jez[/quote]
:rolleyes:

[quote name='Bassassin' post='890811' date='Jul 9 2010, 09:03 PM']Great to meet you Dougie, loving the T-40! Popped a 2-way switch in to replace the broken one (turns out it's a phase switch) and everything's sounding good now. Will give it a proper clean-up and new strings ASAP and put it through its paces at next practice.

Hope you enjoy the Ibby, it's a sweet little bass & I'm probably going to miss it! Any problems or anything you need a hand with, let me know.

And your little lad's a diamond! :rolleyes:

J.[/quote]
Thanks Jon,yea having heaps of fun with it,actually beginning to think im getting somewhere,sweet to handle and seems much easier than i found the T40 :)