Why become a member? ×

Fender Marcus Miller Japan

merello

Thinking really hard about getting one of these from a fellow B'Chatter. My only concern is the 7.5 radius but it looks to be a peach otherwise! Am I too picky? Should I hang on and look for a Shuker J Classic or a Lakland? I hate it when you have money and suddenly you realise you can't decide! :)

[quote name='merello' post='881308' date='Jun 29 2010, 08:16 PM']Thinking really hard about getting one of these from a fellow B'Chatter. My only concern is the 7.5 radius but it looks to be a peach otherwise! Am I too picky? Should I hang on and look for a Shuker J Classic or a Lakland? I hate it when you have money and suddenly you realise you can't decide! :)[/quote]
I think you would get used to the radius, is it a 4 or a 5?

[quote name='merello' post='881308' date='Jun 29 2010, 08:16 PM']Thinking really hard about getting one of these from a fellow B'Chatter. My only concern is the 7.5 radius but it looks to be a peach otherwise! Am I too picky? Should I hang on and look for a Shuker J Classic or a Lakland? I hate it when you have money and suddenly you realise you can't decide! :)[/quote]

Which of the 3 do you want the most? Try to play them all and pick your favourite.

As far as the Marcus Bass,I don't mind the fingerboard radius-it doesn't affect me. If you are wary of it,play one first.
Also,I don't mind the pre-amp. It can be a little(very) harsh with the treble boosted,but if you can find the right balance,
it can sound ace.

I was really pleasently suprised by this bass. I didnt think the neck was too thin and the build quality seemed a good standard. Also the sound was fantastic for the money. I managed to get a fantastic jazz sound all across the neck which isnt achievable with many high end basses, i liked it much better than the american deluxe i used to own.

But........

I too am thinking about a custom classic shuker jazz bass. Dont know why but the reviews give me GAS