Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Fender USA Precision Bass

Noisyjon

Hi All,

*** NOW SOLD ***

It's a 1995 made Fender USA Precision bass with original hard case and accessories.

The mods to it are:
Jazz Bass bridge pickup added. Wired with a Volume control for each pickup and no tone control. Routing, shielding and re-wiring done by The Gallery (receipt included),
Jazz pickup is a Seymour Duncan STK-J2B Hot Stack for Jazz Bass,
Precision pickup is a Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quarter Pounder,
Black Badass 3 bridge added (original included),
Black/White/Black Pickgaurd put on.

There are a few dings on it - A few on the headstock end and one on the back cut away. See the pictures of this below. There's also some signs of play wear but nothing bad.
The only negative point I want to make about it is this - The back of the neck has laquer cracking on it along the playing area. Martin at The Gallery said it's only the laquer that's cracked and not the wood. It is fine to play and has got no worse since I've owned it (2006).

It sounds just great and is a joy to play with the action set medium low.

Edited by jonthebass

[quote name='BassKS' post='881771' date='Jun 30 2010, 11:44 AM']Are the controls just vol vol, or vol tone?[/quote]
It says "Wired with a Volume control for each pickup and no tone control" in first post :) S'what Jon told me too when I saw the bass.

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='BassKS' post='881771' date='Jun 30 2010, 11:44 AM']Are the controls just vol vol, or vol tone?[/quote]
HI BassKS,
It's Volume - Volume controls.
I think it's begging for stacked Vol/Tone pots though!

Cheers,
Jon

Guest BassKS

[quote name='Clarky' post='881783' date='Jun 30 2010, 11:54 AM']It says "Wired with a Volume control for each pickup and no tone control" in first post :) S'what Jon told me too when I saw the bass.[/quote]

Almost embarrassed by my inaptitude towards reading. I would put cream Dimarzios and how would it play...

[quote name='The Burpster' post='882670' date='Jul 1 2010, 07:39 AM']Apart from black tuners that is EXACTLY what a P should look like...!

Nice one JTB this really should be snapped up![/quote]

Thanks Burpster - I did think about getting some black tuners but didn't bother in the end!

[quote name='BassKS' post='882918' date='Jul 1 2010, 12:48 PM']Are there replacements that slot right in? with no extra drilling[/quote]

Good question and I don't think so, that's what put me off looking any further.
Those tuners are rock solid so wasn't fussed!

Guest BassKS

[quote name='jonthebass' post='882954' date='Jul 1 2010, 01:31 PM']Good question and I don't think so, that's what put me off looking any further.
Those tuners are rock solid so wasn't fussed![/quote]

No no, stock would have been perfect. Its a cracking bass though.