Why become a member? ×

Jaco's Bass of Doom and Trujillo

merello

[quote name='steve-soar' post='880240' date='Jun 28 2010, 07:58 PM']I see. So he now owns it, and will sell it back to the family when they have the money to buy it from him.[/quote]

Wasn't just me that also came to that conclusion then? Thought my comprehension was just plain bad, but if that really is the case then... what a w***er.

[quote name='Colledge' post='880251' date='Jun 28 2010, 08:10 PM']i'm sure its not as simple as that, more likely since he put so much money into the legal pot, the family thought it right to let him have it under that agreement. to say thanks.[/quote]

Yeah, that was real decent of him, I just read it as Trujillo wanting it all for himself. Who wouldn't... but if I played for Metallica I wouldn't mind being completely selfless when it comes to money...

the start of the story certainly seems his heart (wallet) is in the right place....

however I think he just did it to get the bass. lets face it we are all human and we all want what we desire...if such a thing comes along then you well do what it takes to get it if its in your means to do so.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='880491' date='Jun 28 2010, 11:00 PM']the start of the story certainly seems his heart (wallet) is in the right place....

however I think he just did it to get the bass. lets face it we are all human and we all want what we desire...if such a thing comes along then you well do what it takes to get it if its in your means to do so.[/quote]

thats rather cynical...& i can slightly understand in todays world/mindset ..but i think to give benifit of doubt to Trujillo..who does seem to be a genuine kind of guy,he has a passion & upmost respect for people,it is likely he has done this as a kind & thoughtful act....& has the oppotunity to place his hands on an awesome piece of history

Edited by Stinkfoot

I think Robert Trujillo did a fair thing, though you would have thought he'd given it over straight away. I am a big Jaco fan, but his bass guitar didn't make him what he was, he could make any bass sing. I think the bass itself holds little value to anyone else apart from Jaco's family. It's not like Jamerson's Funk Machine for example, which as far as I'm concerned probably bedded the most No. 1 Hits than any other bass on earth and does truly deserve to be taught about in music classes in all schools around the world.

Rob's a really good player, and probably far too good for Metallica's poor 'low in the mix' bass that theyve had for the past decade.

That guy can play INCREDIBLY well.

I think it was a great thing for him to do. No doubt he is ultra careful with the BOD, and I imagine he only uses it on certain tracks.

If I were him, Id record with it a few times at least.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='880715' date='Jun 29 2010, 10:20 AM']Rob's a really good player, and probably far too good for Metallica's poor 'low in the mix' bass that theyve had for the past decade.

That guy can play INCREDIBLY well.[/quote]

Loved the stuff he did with Infectious Grooves, IMHO it was a downward step joining Metallica !