Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Von Death

I got an alpine/artic white limited edition custom shop Epiphone Thunderbird......

I have modified it a little,,,, its got genuine Gibson Thunderbird pickups (put in professionally) ........ I sprayed the headstock white (nice job if I say so myself) and Iron cross vinyl stickers on fret board........ Ive used this bass more than any of my herd..... I used it when my old band played Hard rock Hell and the Head Bangers Open Air festival in Germany. It sounds great but since I bought my Gibson Blackbird it has been a bit neglected.......

Now for the price bit.......... I bought it for about £275 about 4 years ago????? According to one I saw on Ebay thse are really rare and go for about £500. Now I reckon thats a crock of crap. Its a shame I didnt put it on my watchlist to see what it actually went for...... But the Gibson pickups cost me £100 so If someone offers me £275 I would accept the offer as this would assist me to gain the funds for a precision.

I will post photo's soon

Edited by Von Death

The wife is also available,,, for a small fee...... I would also consider a wife swap. I will exchange my wife for a Marshall VBC 412 or a Mexican Fender Precision Black/maple neck. Please note all deals are final and the wife is not on sale or return.

Thankyou

Huw

Alpine White Epi's are a world away from the standard brown one in terms of quality and, with Gibson pickups should kick some serious butt. (Von Death - You have a PM regarding the eBay story :ph34r: )

Edited by spinynorman

Cheers for that Spinynorman.... Well in view of the facts given to me and despite the fact that I have received no offers.... the price has gone up to £400.

The offer on the wife remains. Oh yeah and I would also swap the T bird for a black/maple neck Mexican Precision or a Marshall VBC 412.

Cheers

Huw

Here are the pics of my thunderbird....... £400 or will trade for a Black/Maple neck Mexican Precision or a Marshall VBC 412 cab.

Cheers[attachment=53711:184.JPG][attachment=53712:186.JPG][attachment=53713:187.JPG][attachment=5371
4:188.JPG][attachment=53715:190.JPG]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, apparently white t birds are made in Epiphone's custom shop in Korea rather than in China. Consequently the materials and labour of a far higher standard than there usual stuff. There were only 500 made and as such are sought after. A bass chatter told me that their's went for £500 on ebay as did another. I was going to sell for £275 and was I told not to be daft (not in those words) as mine has been fitted with genuine Gibson T Bird pickups (which cost over £100}. None the less I would say that the value of any guitar is determined by what the buyer is prepared to pay. So if someone offers me £300 its theirs, if not its going on ebay on Sunday with a reserve of £350. I have to say its a great bass, but Ive got 5 basses at the moment and I want another Marshall VBA 412 or the money to pay the wife off.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Johnston' post='938627' date='Aug 28 2010, 09:26 AM']A wee bump for a sweet bass1!

And a question are the Korean sh*te brown T-birds much better than their Chinese cousins??[/quote]

Why thank you kind sir! You are clearly a gentleman of taste and sophistication!

I presume that they are..... I can only imagine that they moved production to China cos its cheaper!

Please that although some of the trades offered are very desirable.... I really dont need any more basses. The only thing I need is a Marshall VBC 412 cab! Otherwise I ( my wife) needs the cash!

Edited by Von Death

[quote name='Von Death' post='938678' date='Aug 28 2010, 11:04 AM']Why thank you kind sir! You are clearly a gentleman of taste and sophistication!

I presume that they are..... I can only imagine that they moved production to China cos its cheaper!

Please that although some of the trades offered are very desirable.... I really dont need any more basses. The only thing I need is a Marshall VBC 412 cab! Otherwise I ( my wife) needs the cash![/quote]

The wife bit, I know the feeling! :)
Good luck!
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' post='938888' date='Aug 28 2010, 04:54 PM']The wife bit, I know the feeling! :)
Good luck!
Karl.[/quote]

Well I have aquired a VBC 412 so this is cash only....... Come and get it..... it will make you appear more attractive to the opposite sex.... and by having some cash, I will become more attractive to my wife......