Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB3000

BB2000

Black BB3000 with ebony board, and original Yamaha hard case. Bought new in Japan 5/6 years ago and been in storage ever since. Probably isn't the best time to sell but I need to move some basses. Also see the Duck Dunn I have for sale.

Looking for £800 ovno.

Edited by BB2000

[quote name='BB2000' post='869406' date='Jun 16 2010, 09:27 PM']Black BB3000 with ebony board, and original Yamaha hard case. Bought new in Japan 5/6 years ago and been in storage ever since.[/quote]

I thought these basses were only made in the 80's not 6 years ago? I had one in white, nice bass.
I still own a BB1000S which is one of the best basses I have.

edit: now I see it is Japanese RI of the 80's BB3000. It has different pickups and also different electronics and knob configuration and bridge then the 80's one. So it is a different bass altogether. Didn't know there was a RI.
Are those the same pickups as on a BB414? they look the same but considering the price I doubt if they are the same.

Edited by barend

[quote name='barend' post='870410' date='Jun 18 2010, 12:15 AM']I thought these basses were only made in the 80's not 6 years ago? I had one in white, nice bass.
I still own a BB1000S which is one of the best basses I have.

edit: now I see it is Japanese RI of the 80's BB3000. It has different pickups and also different electronics and knob configuration and bridge then the 80's one. So it is a different bass altogether. Didn't know there was a RI.
Are those the same pickups as on a BB414? they look the same but considering the price I doubt if they are the same.[/quote]

Before writing a comment like that in a for sale thread you really should try and get your facts correct!

I have an 1982 BB3000 and it has the same pups/knobs/bridge as this.

You may be thinking of the BB3000s, which has similar pups/bridge but V/V/T controls (and a slimmer neck), or possibly the Korean built BB3000 basses which have different pups (at least three different versions)/bridges (at least two variants) and are almost always active (BB3000A, BB3000AF etc).

As far as I know the BB3000 never went out of production (the passive version may have), but it was manufactured outside Japan for a while. The Japanese ones have not been marketed outside of Japan for the best part of 20 years, although they could be imported from the likes of Ishibashi.

And no - this is not the same pups as the ones in the BB6xx/4xx/7xx

[quote name='barend' post='870410' date='Jun 17 2010, 11:15 PM']I thought these basses were only made in the 80's not 6 years ago? ...

[N]ow I see it is Japanese RI of the 80's BB3000. It has different pickups and also different electronics and knob configuration and bridge then the 80's one. So it is a different bass altogether. Didn't know there was a RI.[/quote]

Well, it's the twin of the two examples of the BB3000 I own - both Made in Japan - one dating to late '83, and the other to early '84.

The BB3000 is one of the premium models that were available in short production runs and to order through the Yamaha Music Craft workshop - and the workshop's forerunners - until 2005. Since 2005 it has been produced in small numbers on a dedicated line, alongside BB limited edition and signature models.

Edited by noelk27

[quote name='BB2000' post='870423' date='Jun 18 2010, 02:09 AM']You may be thinking of the BB3000s, which has similar pups/bridge but V/V/T controls (and a slimmer neck), or possibly the Korean built BB3000 basses which have different pups (at least three different versions)/bridges (at least two variants) and are almost always active (BB3000A, BB3000AF etc).[/quote]

Yes, I was talking about the BB3000A which is the most famous/common BB3000 I think. I had one of those. Great basses good luck with the sale.

[quote name='BB2000' post='876773' date='Jun 24 2010, 02:48 PM']Does no one fancy my BeBe?[/quote]

OOOOoooooohhhhh YEAH! I certainly would [font="Arial Black"]LOVE[/font] to get that BB Baby!!!

Those BB basses are great! If I didn't already own a BB3000s, I would have bought this one already!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...