Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Markbass F1

dodgnofski

Hi Guys,

Anyone had many problems with Markbass amps??

After spending an amount equal to the National Debt of a small Country last year on an F1 - because I wanted a 'well built' & 'reliable' amp - it has stopped working?? - all I'm getting from it is a 'frying' sound coming through the speakers - anyone have any ideas??

After owning every type of amp from a Selmer 'Treble & Bass' via umpteen Marshalls, Hiwatt, Sunn, Acoustic, Ampeg & Trace Elliot etc, etc THIS is the ONLY amp that has ever let me down during the past 30+years!! & is not what I would expect from a so called High end amplifier that has only ever had ultralight use!!

The guy at Proel - who Markbass - told me to contact reckons there won't be much change from £200 inc. postage to get it fixed!!

All ideas & info gratefully received :) !!

OOPS - SORRY, COULD YOU PLEASE MOVE TO REPAIRS & TECHNICAL ISSUES???

Edited by dodgnofski

Thanks Guys,

It's out of warranty :) - does anyone know any good, reliable, Tech Guys near Sunny Stoke on Trent??

[quote name='Toasted' post='868184' date='Jun 15 2010, 05:20 PM']If you bought it new a year ago it will still be covered under warrenty.[/quote]

Edited by dodgnofski

[quote name='Toasted' post='868184' date='Jun 15 2010, 05:20 PM']If you bought it new a year ago it will still be covered under warrenty.[/quote]

or you could press for the EU ruling for electrical goods being guaranteed for two years - plenty of cases of this being succesful but you have to go back to the retailer not the manufacturer/distributor.

I own one and so far has been excelent, fingers crossed. I have had mine for 2 years. My advice is to email Markbass themselves, I have contacted them several times and they have always repplied within hours and their service has been nothing short of brilliant. Ricardo is fantastic.

Contact them before you do anything else.

Warranty my bum, you've got 5 or 6 years peace of mind as a result of the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Worked for my washing machine going sploink 2 months out of warranty, should work for your amp to.

You have to get independant verification that it has died through no act of abuse, which will cost a few quid, and its the seller who is liable to sort the issue out, not the manufacturer. You may have to make a small claim if the seller is dumb enough to argue the point (they will lose the case, this is a pretty clear cut law), you will then agree a fair price or repair/replacement if that is more viable. Make sure you quote the releavant parts of the Sale of Goods Act every time you speak to any representative of the seller, it really puts the pressure on them, and takes it off you.

It could take a few weeks to get sorted.

Give it a go!

MB kit IS reliable, you've just been very unlucky, there are thousands and thousands of units out there and a very small nuber of failures get reported. Its a pretty good batting average.

Thanks Guys,

Much appreciated! as I've just said to Dave on my 'other thread@ :) - it's just a bit worrying that the only other two Guys I know who own Markbass amps - an LMK & an SA450 have both just sent them away for repair - gulp :rolleyes: !!

All the best,

Tim

[quote name='davidmpires' post='868809' date='Jun 16 2010, 10:31 AM']Again contact them directly and see what they say.[/quote]