Why become a member? ×

Lakland Darryl Jones 5 String Bass- New Pics added

Old Horse Murphy

I am currently considering selling my Lakland Darryl Jones 5 Stringer in order to fund a new "project" (all to be revealed at a later stage).

It's in absolutely mint condition and comes with the official Lakland hard case (which has a few dings).

The bass is white with a maple fingerboard and has 3 pickguards with it; white, black and tortoise (made by Jeannie's Pickguards).

In addition, it now has a John East J-Retro fitted to it (I still have the Lakland Passive unit safe too).

I've put a couple of photos up. I'll try to take a few more, but it really is in mint condition, so you'll pretty much know what you're getting anyway.

Price-wise, I'm looking for £850 including the J-Retro and £800 without it. P&P to be agreed at a later stage.

You could probably find cheaper if you looked around, but you won't easily find one in this condition for this sort of money. It's also set up beautifully and is incredibly easy to play.

I'm not looking for trades at this stage, but PM me if you have any questions at all.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='95063' date='Nov 27 2007, 01:30 PM']I am currently considering selling my Lakland Darryl Jones 5 Stringer in order to fund a new "project" (all to be revealed at a later stage).

It's in absolutely mint condition and comes with the official Lakland hard case (which has a few dings).

The bass is white with a maple fingerboard and has 3 pickguards with it; white, black and tortoise (made by Jeannie's Pickguards).

In addition, it now has a John East J-Retro fitted to it (I still have the Lakland Passive unit safe too).

I've put a couple of photos up. I'll try to take a few more, but it really is in mint condition, so you'll pretty much know what you're getting anyway.

Price-wise, I'm looking for £880 including the J-Retro and £830 without it. P&P to be agreed at a later stage.

You could probably find cheaper if you looked around, but you won't easily find one in this condition for this sort of money. It's also set up beautifully and is incredibly easy to play.

I'm not looking for trades at this stage, but PM me if you have any questions at all.

Thanks for looking.[/quote]

I've got the passive model in LPB and they are wonderful sounding basses! Good luck with the sale, looks like a great bass.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='96386' date='Nov 29 2007, 10:13 PM']Damn, if this was only in a few months time when the mortgage is paid off for good. I want a pair - a black sparkle and a white one. Did I say damn?

Have a bump.
P[/quote]

And Crowthorne being so close too...

I'm in no real rush to sell, so you never know. It could still work out :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='martthebass' post='96977' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:55 PM']This really should have gone by now.......basses wern't meant to be so pretty. The project must be something really special to part with this Nick.[/quote]

Thanks for the comments Mart. I promise you'll be the first to know when I reveal what I'm up to!!

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='96388' date='Nov 29 2007, 10:17 PM']And Crowthorne being so close too...

I'm in no real rush to sell, so you never know. It could still work out :)[/quote]

Well let's see what happens...I want to add several basses to my armory once we get this mortgage paid off. I'm psyched that it's happening soon and I'm gonna have a serious amount of swag to consider throwing at basses.

A pair of Lakky DJ5's, a Musicman Sub5 (I like that the Stingray4 look has been used on the Sub5), ummm a Geddy Lee (might even consider going the custom shop route and getting a red one), a white Gibson Thunderbird [i]and[/i] a Bongo 5HH are on my list. I'm being serious here.

I'd also like to get something built, maybe in a Jazz style, that I can bastardise and trash about a bit...have the opportunity to try out some different guts in it...you know like a pair of Stingray or Rickenbacker pickups.

Anyhow it's my birthday today, so I'm cutting loose and gonna watch Chelsea on Sky and enjoy my day.

Maybe we'll speak later!
P

More photos added as promised. Comes with Lakland hardcase, 2 spare pickguards and original Lakland passive electrics.

I'm probably going to put this on Ebay tomorrow.

It's one of those ironies. The more photos I took of it, the more I want to keep it!! If I don't get any bites, hopefully I'll be able to find a way of hanging on to this and going ahead with my other project.