Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender vintage Parts, 71 Jazz Neck, Loaded 77 P Body

tanuki

Having attached the 75 p neck in this thread to the body of the bass shown below, the sale is now for the 1971 Jazz neck with blocks and binding and the gold 1977 Fender Precision Body with wizard pickups (pics further down this page, will sell together or separately, they look great together..

heres the original add.....

This is a unique bass, i bought it about 6 years ago as a fretless and had it refretted and the darkstar pickup installed.

The bass was assembled in this form and refinished in the late '70s, the body is a great light 60's body refinished black and the neck is a very slim jazz profile with black blocks and binding. Its a little too slim for me front to back, im more into fat precision necks so i have never quite got on with it.. hardware is a gotoh 201 bridge and reissue tuners, the pickup is a Dark Star, it has a great high output and is sensitive to dynamics, plucking softly gives a warm fat tone and playing really hard can give a great slightly distorted tone.. Much praise has been given to these pickups, they really give that "p bass on steroids" sound with the tone full up, rolling off the tone fully can give a great almost hollowbody sound.. The Strings are roundwound but swapping to flatwounds gives a mighty vintage tone.

Its one of those basses that everyone i know absolutely loves, i keep getting put off selling it by people telling me im an idiot to but i have to accept that its just not getting the use it deserves..

There are a few dings here and there, the two round things either side of the bridge are to cover where there was previously a midi pickup..

this is a really cool and truly unique bass assembled from great old wood and sounds amazing..
Price drop to 700

Edited by tanuki

Very nice.

[quote name='tanuki' post='857239' date='Jun 4 2010, 02:00 PM']I am also selling a 1975 Rosewood Precision neck and a 1977 Precision body loaded with Wizard P/J pickups and an anodised pickguard, pics up soon.[/quote]

But this sounds even better!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also selling a 1975 Rosewood Precision neck and a 1977 Precision body loaded with Wizard P/J pickups and an anodised pickguard, here are some pics, may start a separate thread..

The Body has wizard thumper and '84 pickups, RS Guitarworks expanded tone electroniiccs with a push pull series/parrallel pot, fender reissue anodized pickguard, basass II Bridge.. its a 1977, stripped and refinished and odd but really cool sandy colour.. looking for 300

The Neck (SN 01095155) is a great rosewood board, very comfortable to play, great tone, frettwork in excellent condition, couple of dings on the back but nothing that effects playing.. looking 350

Edited by tanuki

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BassBod' post='899326' date='Jul 19 2010, 07:47 PM']I was thinking the same - or you could PM me your price for the J neck.....[/quote]

I have taken this advice and put the precision neck on the dark star bass..

feels pretty good, going to try it at rehearsal this eve and see how it works..

SO the goldish coloured p body is now avalable with the jazz neck on it, looks pretty good too!

[quote name='tanuki' post='909104' date='Jul 29 2010, 12:15 PM']I have taken this advice and put the precision neck on the dark star bass..

feels pretty good, going to try it at rehearsal this eve and see how it works..

SO the goldish coloured p body is now avalable with the jazz neck on it, looks pretty good too![/quote]

Good call my man! Hope it works out... :)

• 2 months later...

the p neck is currently not for sale, it is the jazz neck pictured on the black bass above and the loaded p body that are up for grabs

i have used the p neck with the black body to make a new bass

sorry fir any confusion