Why become a member? ×

Guitar Guitar got some lovely's

bubinga5

[quote name='Musicman20' post='855513' date='Jun 2 2010, 10:45 PM']They do have some high end basses in stock, but I think the pricing, especially on Metro Sadowskys, is insane! Almost £2100. Its a shame most of their prices across the whole bass range is quite high.[/quote]

It seems like a lot but its because of the exchange rate!

The NYC i bought 2 years ago when it was $2 to the £1 cost $4085 (just over £2000) now at today's rates the same bass would be £2800

ahh i remember the days when a metro 4 string was about £1400

im so glad i bought when i did

:)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='855555' date='Jun 2 2010, 11:43 PM']It seems like a lot but its because of the exchange rate!

The NYC i bought 2 years ago when it was $2 to the £1 cost $4085 (just over £2000) now at today's rates the same bass would be £2800

ahh i remember the days when a metro 4 string was about £1400

im so glad i bought when i did

:)[/quote]

£1400 seems much more reasonable!

I went in to their Newcastle store today and had a look.

The Suhrs seem awfully expensive for the overall 'look'. Some of the Sadowsky's are very pretty though.

They must be doing very well, despite their high pricing, as they seem to be stocking a LOT of high end basses/guitars. Some of it I would not have on general 'shop' display if im honest.

They also had the new TC lower priced 1x15 combo....its a great price if im honest but its HUGE! Great if you are on a budget :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='855513' date='Jun 2 2010, 10:45 PM']Its a shame most of their prices across the whole bass range is quite high.[/quote]

Oh I dunno; I still kick myself often that I passed on one of the first Rockinbetter Rick copies I saw at their Edinburgh shop for £299!!! I want one of those babies & I know justy how I'll get it customised & who by. I just refuse to pay double that original price for something to be modded up to the hilt.

[quote name='Big_Stu' post='857676' date='Jun 4 2010, 08:54 PM']Oh I dunno; I still kick myself often that I passed on one of the first Rockinbetter Rick copies I saw at their Edinburgh shop for £299!!! I want one of those babies & I know justy how I'll get it customised & who by. I just refuse to pay double that original price for something to be modded up to the hilt.[/quote]
CC Music in the west end of Glasgow sometimes has these.

I like Guitar Guitar, but I do think they need to overhaul their bass selection. It's a bit middle of the road, and the top line bass stuff just seems to be Ricks and high end jazz basses. I'd like to see them get some cooler stuff in to match their awesome guitars.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='858146' date='Jun 5 2010, 01:42 PM']I like Guitar Guitar, but I do think they need to overhaul their bass selection. It's a bit middle of the road, and the top line bass stuff just seems to be Ricks and high end jazz basses. I'd like to see them get some cooler stuff in to match their awesome guitars.[/quote]

They do have a great shop in Newcastle, I must admit (and I realise they have expanded so business must be great!).

All Ive noticed is their pricing seems quite a lot more than everywhere else. Eg a Stingray is £1300 from them, whereas elsewhere in Newcastle its £1169.

They must have a fantastic business plan as theyve managed to be the No 1 Sadowsky importer, and they have the Lakland importing contract.

The store here has a LOT of super Jazzes in stock, and some cool Aguilar/TC/Phil Jones bits n pieces. I am also spoilt as their guitar stock is phenomenal; customer shop Fender Strats/Teles everywhere.

Ive only bought one cab from them and some guitar effects/power supply. Great service and when the power supply had a problem they gave me a new one no problem.