Why become a member? ×

Rachel Bolan

Jono

Saw Skid Row last night (without Sebastian unfortunately) and Rachel Bolan is still providing some ace low end. I love that Spector into Gallien-Krueger sound... Considering he is in his early 40's he looks younger than me.

He was one of my favourite players back in the day. Anyone else remember him?

The Monkey Business 'solo' that he did at Donington '92 is probably one of the main reasons I play bass!

Edited by Jono

[quote name='Basszilla' post='93732' date='Nov 24 2007, 12:20 PM']Big Guns!!!

Don't mind a bit of skid row every now and again when I need my hard rock fix. But I way prefer def leppard![/quote]
Hooray! Big cheer for 80s mullet rock and Def Leppard!

Might have to go dig out some Skid Row now though, haven't listened to them for donkeys years

Piece of Me - what a great bass line - simple but effective!

Yes I'm never convinced by endorsements. Interestingly he seems to be playing the same white sparkly spector that he played on the tour for the first album.

Gassing for a spector now...

Now i come to think of it he's recorded tone is very p-bass. Never really noticed it before.

I'd forgotten how much I was into him back in the day (as a bass player that is). I think he really is the master of the well placed bass fill. The one before the bridge in '18 and Life' or the one before the solo in 'I Remember You' for example. Sheer class.

Anyone got Skid Row's cover of Little Wing? Probably complete heresy but I actually think it's better than the original!

Edited by Jono

• 4 weeks later...

I saw Skid Row back in 1991 when they supported Guns N' Roses at Wembley Stadium. :)

Could be wrong, but I seem to recall Rachel wearing a pink leather suit and doing a bit of crowd surfing.

One thing I do remember is them playing the song "Get The @#$% Out" despite the warning petition from Brent Council forbidding them to play that song.
:huh:

Edited by thebassmandave