Why become a member? ×

Do Fender even sell these?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MIGHTY-MITE-MM2908-JASS-BASS-GUITAR-NECK-FENDER-LOGO_W0QQitemZ270187348076QQihZ017QQcategoryZ42455QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MIGHTY-MITE-MM2908-J...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

I've seen dodgy copies of Fender decals on ebay before, but never in retail packaging before.

This can't be real can it?

I could be wrong, but if it was real wouldn't spaghetti be spelt correctly and wouldn't there be a part number on the packaging.

[quote name='Muppet' post='93070' date='Nov 22 2007, 11:36 PM']Fender don't supply replacement logos in packets! They only supply them to approved dealers and there's a process in place to authenticate any neck before a replacement is provided. It's a complete forgery.[/quote]

+1.
You have to jump through hoops to get Fender to supply a replacement decal - & they never sell them as a replacement part.
This is a v.sad attempt at a forgery.
:)

I was chatting with a Fender UK rep the other day who said that Fender are planning to stop selling/producing replacement necks for any Fender guitar or bass. Can anyone in the trade confirm this?

Pretty serious news if he has it right! - but it will stop all the forgers producing "genuine" USA necks.

Hamster