Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Polytune

cm261

-OFFENDING CONTENT REMOVED-

SOUND:
When everything is cranked small noise when engaging, no real issue.
[u][b]9.9[/b][/u]

FEATURES:
Works for guitar and 4/5/6 string bass. Automatic polyphonic mode. Needle or strobe. Also drop tuning. Battery or 9V (with 9V out).
[b][u]10[/u][/b]

RELIABILITY:No issues so far. Small buttons flimsy? No experience of customer support.
[u][b]9.8[/b][/u]

EASE OF USE:
Couldn't be easier. Seriously.
[u][b]10[/b][/u]

OVERALL:
Nothing's perfect. See above issues.
[u][b]9.8[/b][/u]

Cheers.

Edited by cm261

These are great pedal tuners. I have found that it saves huuuuge amounts of time on stage (primarily for guitar) as I can see an overview of my guitar's tuning with just one strum. Someone once commented that you can still only physically tune one string at a time, and that it might save a few seconds at best, however the more time you spend using it the quicker the process becomes. Absolute lifesaver.

Yeah I don't understand that complaint that people make that you can still only tune one string at a time because it's not really true. Normally when I tune I'm just checking that the bass has held it's tuning after moving or a change in temperature and there will be only 1 string, if any, that needs an adjustment, but in order to find out with other tuners you would still have to play each string individually which certainly takes way longer

i'm also not a fan of this unboxing nonsense. If you're going to post a lot of pics of a cardboard box, sticjer, velcro pads and the underside of the pedal, do they really have to be so damned huge? Little 400 px sq would have been sufficient really. Then all the pics could just go on one page.
Review - good stuff (bought one now I think they are the coolest tuner ever) but with all these pics I cannot believe you have not posted a few showing the most important part, the various display modes!

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='848397' date='May 26 2010, 12:33 PM']i'm also not a fan of this unboxing nonsense. If you're going to post a lot of pics of a cardboard box, sticjer, velcro pads and the underside of the pedal, do they really have to be so damned huge? Little 400 px sq would have been sufficient really. Then all the pics could just go on one page.
Review - good stuff (bought one now I think they are the coolest tuner ever) but with all these pics I cannot believe you have not posted a few showing the most important part, the various display modes![/quote]

The pictures are small on my page, no idea why they would be any bigger on anyone elses. Also, this is just the size that photobucket has made them in any case.

My sincerest apologies to all for this 'nonsense', I was pleasantly surprised at the attention to detail of TC Electronic in this case and would be more likely to purchase from them in the future because of this, but was obviously wrong in thinking that other people would be interested. I will remove the offending content.

EDIT: Sorted, hope this is more to everyones liking.

Edited by cm261

Can anybody confirm if they get different results when flicking between the polyphonic mode and the normal mode.
I saw a video review and the reviewer showed how a string that shows as fully in tune in the polyphonic mode will show as sharp or flat by quite an amount when you check the same string in standard mode.
Anybody see this on their unit?

Edited by Wud

[quote name='Wud' post='850539' date='May 28 2010, 06:53 PM']Can anybody confirm if they get different results when flicking between the polyphonic mode and the normal mode.
I saw a video review and the reviewer showed how a string that shows as fully in tune in the polyphonic mode will show as sharp or flat by quite an amount when you check the same string in standard mode.
Anybody see this on their unit?[/quote]

The standard tuning mode is extremely accurate, and although the Polytune mode is very accurate, it's not AS accurate. Your ears probably won't be able to tell.