Why become a member? ×

powerful Polish bass playing from Wojtek..check this out

bubinga5

I frickin love this guys playing....ive posted this before but its so good...i love the scooped tone he gets from that Mayones...he seems to play with alot of power, im suprised he hasnt snapped a string or two...

hes not that known but he is one of the best .. i love his solo at 2.40..wonderful stuff

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haMvqvixazA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haMvqvixazA[/url]

Edited by bubinga5

Yeah the Polish Beast. He seems to use a lot of power but he actually is playing very softly, I went to his masterclasses ages ago after he had his signature Ashdown amps developed and I've seen his playing up front and very close. His tone is really nice but remember that all his basses have graphite necks, it's a little known secret :)

Thanks, B5. I must admit to not being familiar with this guy. Til now! :)
Nice tone and I love how he and the drummer are locked in good and tight -- something that turns me on far more than most super-pyrotechnical-bass-widdlyness these days. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah - I like that a lot, great bass playing not coloured or overshadowed by masses of 'Techno-Flash'.

An 21st century version of the classic Jazz Trio of Piano + Bass + Drums (I'm thinking Oscar Peterson / Dudley Moore etc).

Anybody know the name of the track and where I might find a CD version.

Thanks for the 'Heads-Up' Bubinga-5.

Chezz55