Why become a member? ×

Fender 1973 Precision. ***SOLD***

phsycoandy

I'm having to sell one of my investment basses sooner than I wanted.

Superb and original USA 1973 Precision Bass*. Pups are dated 73 & 74. Comes with bridge and pup cover, bridge cover still has foam mute. Nicely lightly mojoed. Truss works fine, and bass has had a full service. Comes with non original but very old tatty hard case. (the covers are not fixed in the pics as the screws are missing) Usual split in scratch plate above the jack socket.

I believe this to be an early 1973, it has the longer bridge screw on the G string which would indicate early 1973. Comes with original Fender Owners Manual. Serial number is 500***

* The only thing that may not be original is the volume pot, It's bigger than the tone pot, it may be original but I'm not sure. Other than that she's an old honest Precision.

The sound is all you would expect, she has a large output, honky and fat, the neck is superb and plays evenly with no dead spots at all. She weighs spot on 9lbs with the covers off. There is no wear on the rear of the neck bar some light wear on the lower edge of the neck below the G string. There is a little fret wear up to about the third fret but loads of life left.

Price is £1800 plus shipping. [u][b]NOW £1699 Plus Shipping.[/b][/u] No Paypal.

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='Sibob' post='839670' date='May 17 2010, 12:21 PM']Can anyone tell me what the neck width would be on this?[/quote]
If its the same as my 72P (which it appears to be from the photos), its a B width, ie 1.625 inches.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='839689' date='May 17 2010, 12:33 PM']Yep, mine's 1 5/8", classic 'B' neck.

I'm sure Clarky will agree, there's no finer bass than a TV Precision. :)[/quote]
Its the b*llocks!

[quote name='DrVet' post='839690' date='May 17 2010, 12:34 PM']Lovely bass mate!

Are U open for trades also or just a straight sale?

F.[/quote]I'm open to trades as long as I can pass em on quickly, I have just resigned from my job (hence the sale of this and my Sadowsky recently) so I need the cash for the interim.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='844557' date='May 21 2010, 07:59 PM']Apologies to all those who contacted me with trades etc but this is now sold pending payment. Thanks.[/quote]

Come to Daddy :)