Why become a member? ×

2008 Stingray 4H Fretless

martthebass

[quote name='witterth' post='855780' date='Jun 3 2010, 10:25 AM']gotta give this a bump,
I've got one and its one of the things I'd go back in for if there was a fire!
ABSOLUTE steal of a price!! if I had the "spare" I'd have another (this one).....dont know why but I would!!
good luck M.
watching with interest
W[/quote]

Cheers W,

there doesn't seem to be much of a market at the moment. Still, no worries, I only need it for the odd number so it's no hardship to hang onto.

Cheers W. Yea, I think there's a positive glut of MM's for sale at the mo which is depressing the market a little - that coupled with a Fretless MM being something of a niche instrument. I've got a few gigs coming up and if the money from those hits my pocket before this sells I'm seriously considering spending some cash on this to turn it into my perfect fretless - it goes against the grain to even considering selling a proper US made Ray for less than £600. The reason this is still up for sale is I thought it would be cheaper to sell and buy something else (a Sterling F'less would be nice) than spend on this - in the current market I think I would have to drop the price of this to a point where that aint the case.

Please excuse my complete ignorance, but I know nothing of Stingrays (apart from Troy Tempest's little runabout).

How does this compare neck-wise to a Jazz or a P? What is the difference between a Musicman and a Sterling?

I'm looking for a fretless, this looks the part but I'm not sure about these things at all.

Sorry to be a bit of a klutz.

Hi S,

the neck profile is pretty much like a modern US Fender P - about 1.625" at the nut. Back to front is slim again like a modern P bass.
The Sterling pretty much has a Jazz profile neck but differs from the standard Ray 4H in terms of body size and electronics.

Cheers, Mart

[quote name='martthebass' post='862891' date='Jun 10 2010, 08:38 AM']I'll give this another couple of bumps then I think I'll rest it to give way to some of the other Stingray Traffic :rolleyes:[/quote]

MB1. :)
.."Its Not Resting!...It's Pining for the fjords!"...(Isnt it offered for Trades next?)
BUMP!

[quote name='martthebass' post='863515' date='Jun 10 2010, 05:40 PM']Cheers DJ, so am I - couldn't get near this price when I was looking for one.

Mart - it is open to trade offers :)[/quote]

Really nice fretless... couldn't be doing without the lines though.